↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Late June 1978

The Great Hall

                It was their last day ever at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. 

Lily and Thea looked at each other with mischievous smiles as they readied to enter the Great Hall. There would be a big goodbye for the boys, they were sure of it. 

"Ready?" Sirius whispered down to her.

Thea nodded and smiled up at him. 

They all walked in. 

The student body cheered, everyone, except, quite possibly, for Severus Snape. 

"We have a surprise for you," Lily announced to the boys. She then nodded at Thea who whipped out her wand. 

She muttered a spell and then five banners unfurled.

They were all red and gold. 

They held their first initial and last name, quidditch number (if applicable) and a picture of them. On the bottom, and quite possibly the most important part, it read Marauder

Lily noticed that Thea had made one for her as well. 

"T, you did not," Lily giggled.

"Oh, but I did," Thea said with a wide grin. Lily then pulled out her wand and one more banner unfurled. 

It was blue and bronze. It held her first inital and last name, her picture and then, quite possibly, the most important part, it read Marauder, but underneath it read Hero

"Lils," Thea breathed out. Lily came and hugged her from behind. 

"You are a hero. More than any of us," she said quietly to Thea. 

Thea squeezed Lily's hands around her waist and leaned her head next to Lily's head. 

"I have one more surprise," Thea whispered.

"What?" Lily asked, pulling away.

Thea made eye contact with James and she pointed her wand at each of the banners. They each produced a crown. 

They were the kings and they were the queens. Even for just one day. 

The crowns floated over to McGonagall and each of the boys bounded over, waiting to be crowned. 

They each knelt as their favorite Professor crowned them. Lily and Thea headed over, but as Lily started to kneel, James stopped her.

He asked for her crown and upon receiving it, popped out the center stone. 

"I need to kneel one more time, Lils," he said quietly as he got down on one knee. 

Thea held onto Sirius in excitement. Lily started to tear up.

Remus and Peter guided Lily over to James as she was so shocked that she couldn't move. 

"How about it, Lily? Spend the rest of your life with me?" James asked.

Lily nodded profusely as he slipped on the ring. She jumped into his arms and he spun her around. 

He then placed the crown on her head and pressed a kiss to her lips. 

He held up his finger as him and the boys gathered around Thea and knelt down.

"You didn't think you would get off without me making a scene now did you?" James asked incredulously. 

Thea shook her head and laughed, "I suppose not."

"High Queen Thea of Hogwarts, I now crown thee," he declared. She laughed as he placed the crown on her head and gave her a hug. 

When they pulled away, Sirius hugged her from behind and kissed her neck.

He spun her around and kissed her softly. 

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," she whispered back.