↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Late June 1978

Potter Manor

              Thea looked up from folding the sheets to see James in the doorway. 

"Hey," he whispered.

"Hi," she whispered back. 

"If you'd like-" he started.

"I can't stay here," she interrupted.

"Ok," James said softly. 

Sirius ran up to James in the doorway with papers.

"I've got the applications," he said excitedly.

James widened his eyes and tried to usher him away.

"The applications for what?" Thea asked, tiredly.

"For- for nothing, T, nothing for you to worry about," James said with a quick smile and then glared at Sirius.

"James, what are the applications for?" Thea asked with a warning tone. 

James took a deep breath and looked her in the eye.

"To become an auror," he said.

"An aur- what? What happened to becoming a quidditch player?" Thea asked.

"A war," James stated.

"The war's been going on for years, James. And just now you're deciding you want to be killed?" Thea asked, "and you, Sirius? What about becoming a healer?"

"Everyone's decided. Me, Sirius, Peter, Remus, Lily, Dorcas and Marlene," James said.

"Lily- I- excuse me?" Thea asked incredulously. 

"I can't just sit around playing quidditch when people are dying Thea," James shouted. 

"James-" Thea protested.

"I'm decided. It's happening," he said sternly as he turned to leave her room.

"Then I'm going with you," she said.

"What?" James asked, spinning back around.

"I'm. Going. With you," Thea repeated with emphasis.

"No-" James protested.

"Yes, actually, I am," Thea replied, "Dumbledore's offered me a position in the Order as an auror. I wouldn't have to go through the process."

"He what?" James shouted.