↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

July 1977

Potter Manor

               Thea Potter snuck down for a midnight snack. She couldn't sleep. How could she? With everything that was going on? People were dying everyday and she had the luxury of sleep and studying. 

She quickly walked down the staircase to the kitchen. Winky had gone to bed long ago, so she was up to her own devices, not that she minded. She brought out a saucepan, sugar, milk and cocoa powder.

She measured and combined the ingredients, adding them all in and stirring to create the hot chocolate. 

"Can't sleep?" someone called out.

Thea jumped and turned around to see Sirius Black standing in the doorway.

"How--" Thea started.

"I heard you coming down. I couldn't either," Sirius confessed.

Thea nodded and turned back to her saucepan.

"Would you like some?" she asked, nodding her head towards the swirling chocolate. Sirius walked forward, but he could smell it before he saw it.

"Hot cocoa? Isn't that for children?" Sirius asked in disbelief.

"So?" Thea asked, "it's good."

Sirius laughed and shook his head, "Merlin, alright. Thank you."

Thea nodded curtly and smiled slightly. She grabbed two mugs from the cabinets and poured the steamy liquid in. She handed Sirius the mug and he stared at it for a little bit.

"Are you alright?" She asked. 

"Are any of us, really?" Sirius replied.

"I suppose not," Thea conceded. 

Thea pushed herself up, so she was sat on the counter. They drank in silence to the sound of the summer night, under the stars and the moon. 

"Come with me," Thea said quietly as she got down from the counter. Sirius quirked a brow, but she just shot him a bored expression. 

He followed her up the staircase, down the hall and into her bedroom. It was dark, but the moonlight illuminated the messy bed and reflected off of the stars that were floating on the ceiling. It was as if she became a bedroom. It was whimsical and ebbing with magic, but the magic wasn't deliberate or forced, it was natural and pure.