↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐧

November 1977

Hogsmeade Village

                 "I can't believe she actually said yes," Sirius whispered as they reached the village. 

"I told you she would," Thea replied curtly. 

Sirius knew why she was ignoring him. How could he not?

They walked in silence as the two ahead of them were chatting about something mindless. 

"Look, we need to get them alone together," Thea hissed, "so that means that we'll have to avoid them and you can do whatever you want and I can do whatever I want."

"Alright," Sirius replied.

"James!" Thea called out, causing them both to turn around, "Sirius promised to take me to Scrivenshaft's, they have a new quill that I'd quite like, why don't you guys go ahead of us?"

"I- sure! Is that alright?" James asked Lily. She nodded and smiled. 

Thea then gripped Sirius's hand and dragged him to the quill shop. She was being serious. When they entered, she sighed. 

She allowed herself to smile for the first time that day.

"Thea Potter, I was expecting you," said the boy behind the counter. Albert Creevey, a Ravenclaw who had graduated a couple years prior.

"Hi Bertie," Thea said as her dimples showed themselves. 

"I've got it just behind the counter. I knew the moment I saw it that you'd be vying for one," he said as he slid a box next to the till. 

A couple more people entered the shop.

"I'll be right back," she said with a smile. 

She turned to find what she was looking for. A full, blank galaxy map. Their astronomy professor had left last year and the new one wanted to know what they could do. 

This was bad news for Thea. She could do all of the analytical stuff and the critical thinking, but remembering the stars was not her strong suit. But, she had to turn it in. 

She noticed that Sirius trailed her around the shop, she was surprised he hadn't left yet to goof off with Peter and Remus.