𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

February 1961

Potter Manor

"James, darling this is your new baby sister," Euphemia whispered as James touched the sleeping baby's face, "please be gentle, darling."

Eleven month old James Fleamont Potter was fascinated with the small face that was before him. He held her cheeks as she started to wake up.

Fluttering her eyes and doing a big yawn, Ophelia Potter came into the world, or rather, her world. Staring back, she met his eyes and smiled only as a baby could. 

"Her name is Ophelia, James," Fleamont said softly as he came down to sit on the floor next to his son. 

"Othea," James repeated back, "Othea! Othea! Othea!" James shouted with more and more enthusiasm. This made baby Ophelia start to cry, not used to nor liking such loud noises. 

"Fleamont, can you take him to his room?" Euphemia asked. Her husband nodded, guiding little James back to his burgundy painted room, filled with small flying snitches and chugging toy trains. 

November 1966

Potter Manor

"Muuuuum! Thea stole my quidditch book!" five year old James Potter exclaimed as a giggling Thea Potter ran in the other direction, "it's not fair!" 

"James, darling, remember, we told you you'd have to share," Euphemia reminded him, "Thea!" 

Thea hid under a sideboard pushed to the side of the Potter Manor ballroom. Her location was quickly given away, however, by feet sticking out and muffled giggling. 

"Ophelia Phoebe Potter! Give your brother his book back right this instant!" Euphemia scolded as Thea crawled out from under the sideboard with a guilty face. She handed the book back to James.

"What do you say?" Euphemia asked.

"Sorry, James," Thea muttered. James snatched the book back and was about to run off, but hesitated. He grabbed Thea's hand and they ran into the living room. 

"Winky!" James called as he plopped down on the couch.

"Yes, Master Potter?" Winky asked as she appeared before the two young Potter siblings.

"Can you get us some hot cocao please?" James asked politely. Winky nodded, was gone in a snap and back in a snap with two mugs of hot chocolate.