↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

October 17, 1981

the Potter-Black residence

              "Here we go!" Sirius exclaimed as champagne was being passed around. Luxuries like this were rare: spending time with friends. 

"The champagne still doesn't explain why we're all here," James said warily.

"Well," Thea said while sharing a look with Sirius. She didn't say anything, she only put her hand over her stomach.

"No," Lily breathed out. Thea nodded, her eyes tearing up a little.

"I'm going to be an uncle?" James asked. Thea nodded again. "I'm going to be an uncle!" James exclaimed.

Remus gave her a big hug, which she gladly returned. 

"I'm so happy for you," he said to her quietly. Thea rose on her tip toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Thank you, Rem," Thea said quietly. 

Thea turned to Peter. He looked scared. She didn't know why. 

"Are you alright?" Thea asked softly. 

"O-Of course, Thea," he said with a small smile. 

The thing you must understand about Peter Pettigrew is that he didn't want to betray his friends. He would never set out to do that. He loved them. 

But fear is a powerful thing. Sometimes, it is even more powerful than love. Because fear can make you do things that you don't want to do. 

But Peter Pettigrew was not fearful by nature. He was sorted into Gryffindor for a reason. And he was not fearful for his own life, not yet at least. But his mother's? Now that is a different question.

You see, fear can make you do terrible things. But so can love. 

"We bought a cake," Thea finally said as she turned away from Peter. 

"We let the healer tell the bakery, we wanted to find out with all of you. With our family," Sirius said, looking at all of them. 

Thea picked up the knife a cut a piece. Pink. 

"A girl," Sirius breathed out.