↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

Early September 1978

The Order of the Phoenix Headquarters

               "There's a new batch of them," Edgar Bones said with a wicked smile as he dashed past Thea.

She was flipping through her reports as well as trying to find something.

"Really?" she asked as she looked up with bright eyes.

"Yup!" he said enthusiastically. 

"Hey, have you seen the Prewetts anywhere?" she asked.

Edgar shook his head and pulled an apologetic look.

"I've got to go, but if I see them, I tell them to find you," he said as he hurried away.

"Thank you!" Thea called after him. 

Her heels clacked on the hard floor as she entered into various rooms, asking after the boys, in vain. The last room on the hall was the assembly room, it was rarely used as large assemblies were dangerous should they be attacked, but it was used sometimes for smaller meetings. 

She entered and immediately spotted them and then looked back down at the papers that were rested in the crook of her arm. She approached them and held out her hand. 

Gideon huffed and took an object out of his pocket and placed it into her hand. 

"Oh this is definitely dark," she said with a smirk.

"How do you-" Fabian asked.

"Can you not hear it whispering?" Thea asked, smirking a little bit harder.

The Prewetts looked at each other and then her.

"You're crazy," Fabian said.

"But brilliant," Gideon finished.

Then Mad-Eye Moody, the head auror, cleared his throat.

"Ah, sorry Alastor," Thea said with an apologetic smile. 

"The door's closed for a reason, lassie," he grumbled, "but no better time like the present. New aurors, this is Thea Potter. You may know her unsufferable twat of a brother, James Potter from training. She's the head of the analytics team. She studies and analyzes dark objects that Fabian, Gideon and I bring back from missions as well as developing attack strategy and defense. She has higher ranking than any of you and more work to do, so do not talk her," he barked.

"Hello everyone," Thea said with a shy smile.

Her cheeks heated up as the attention of the room landed on her. 

"Merlin, lass, how old are ye?" Mad-Eye Moody asked, obviously acknowledging her actual presence for the first time.

"I'm 17, sir. I'll be 18 in January," she replied cordially. 

Murmurs rippled throughout the room at how young she was. 

"Quiet down, all of ya," Mad-Eye yelled.

"I- uh- on that ... note, I've got to go," she said with a quick smile. 

The hall stayed silent as she walked out, her heels clacking. She didn't notice as she was absorbed in breaking down the pocket watch. 

James, Sirius, Peter, Remus, Marlene, Dorcas and Lily were in the crowd. They were tempted to holler, but they decided against it as Mad-Eye Moody scared the shit out of all of them. But mostly, they were in awe, in fact the whole room was.

Thea Potter was physically breaking down the pocket watch with wandless and wordless magic. And yet she seemed so casual about it. 

Then, she opened the door and slammed it closed behind her. 

As soon as she left, a low hum of chatter filled the room. 

"All of you, listen up! I'll fire ya if I have to ask again," Mad-Eye Moody yelled.