↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

December 1977

The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

                "Why did you do it? I told you specifically not to do anything," Thea growled as she ushered Sirius back to the Gryffindor common room. 

"You might not want to do anything, but he hurt you. Like fuck I'd stand by and not do anything," Sirius replied with just as much force.

"But this isn't your problem to fix, Sirius. I'm fine. I have everything under control," Thea yelled. 

"No you don't, Thea. He was still walking around with his little pretty boy face and playing quidditch and doing whatever the hell he wanted to do, fully knowing that he used you and that it worked!" Sirius exclaimed.

"But the thing is, Sirius, is that I'm not torn up about it! I've had my time with it! And now I just feel bad for him because he feels that he's so insignificant that he has to date the sister of captain in order to get on the team," Thea explained.

"Why are you defending him?" Sirius yelled. 

"I'm not," Thea replied sternly, "open the portrait hole."

"House cup," Sirius said to the Fat Lady.

"House cup? Merlin, you Gryffindors," Thea grumbled, "thank you, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth swung back closed with a little giggle. 

Surprisingly, only a couple people were in the common room. They'd probably been watching the fight. 

Thea summoned a first aid kit and sat on one of the desks in the common room. Sirius approached her as she muttered episky

"You know, I'll look tougher with this," Sirius mused with a smirk, "more manly."

"Well then you and I have very different definitions of what it takes to be a man," Thea grumbled as she dabbed alcohol on some of his cuts. 

He hissed at the stinging and gripped her free hand. 

The wet cloth glided on his face, picking up the red blood that was beading around the wounds. 

Her fingers brushed his face and applied bruise-away paste along with other creams to ease the pain. 

She continued in silence and eventually finished cleaning his face. 

She sighed and looked at him.

"Thank you. Though you ignored everything I said, it's nice to know that someone cares," she said softly. 

Sirius nodded as he tried (and failed) to suppress a smile. 

Instinctively, she swiped her thumb over a healing cut on his cheek.

His eyes urged her to look at him as she tried to look anywhere else.

When she finally gave in, a smile ghosted his face and he started to lean in. 

She did to until she remembered.

"James," she whispered.

He closed his eyes and clenched his jaw before pulling away.

"Right, sorry," he said quietly. 

"It's alright," she whispered. 

He took her hand and fumbled with the one, family ring that was placed on it. He kept his eyes on it. 

She pulled her hand away.

"I should go," she whispered.

"Yeah," he whispered back.

She grabbed her cloak and jumped down.

"I'll- uh- I'll catch you later?" he asked as she reached the portrait hole.

She nodded and just like that, the wind whisked her away.