↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

August 1977

Potter Manor

                  It was early in the Potter Manor, but the kids were alright. Peter and Remus had come early to join in the fun. Thea was making cinnamon buns that morning and they wanted them hot. 

Laughter was all that was heard, along with the birds chirping. It was becoming cooler as the fall approached and the prospect of going to Hogwarts for the last time loomed over the group. 

The boys were performing tricks and drinking tea while Thea prepared the dough and filled it with cinnamon sugar paste. 

She laughed along with them, carelessly, carefree. 

It was cloudy overhead as the rains were starting, covering the sun. The wind was whipping outside. It was truly a perfect day, for her, at least.

She looked out and saw him. 

She stopped kneading and did a double take.

"I'll be right back," she said quickly as she wiped her hands on her apron and quickly exited the house to the outside. 

James paused briefly in his story about a particularly glorious quidditch match to ask where she was going, but she was already gone. 

They all disregarded it, though Sirius' eyes lingered, but he didn't see anything suspicious. 

Thea Potter was not crazy, she had seen him. She would swear on her life. 

And she wasn't. Mention the devil and he shall appear.

"Hello Ophelia," he said.

"I already told you no," she said firmly. 

"And yet, here I am," he said calmly.

Thea looked directly in his eyes. She took a breath and steadied herself. Her expression fell from anger to nothing at all. Her face was completely void of emotion. She knew his game. She knew what to do. 

"Well then I suggest you leave," she said with the equal calm. 

"Not until I have you," he replied.

"Then I'm afraid you will be here for quite a long time," she stated, "tea? coffee?"

"Cute," he mused, his eyes momentarily flashed red.