↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

April 1978

The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

                    Remus had agreed to tutor Peter to give Lily and James some alone time. He had originally asked Thea to do it, but quickly found on that a. she's horrible at explaining things and b. Lily has asked her to study with her and James, so Lily wouldn't be alone with him. 

So, Lily and James and Thea sat at the library table when Sirius plonked his bag down. He slid in the seat next to Lily and across from Thea ( who was sitting next to James lest she need to physically reprimand him ). 

Thea did not look up from her work, even when Sirius nudged her foot with his. She smiled at her work, but wouldn't give him the full satisfaction. 

She could tell that Sirius was staring at her intently, willing her to look up, but she wouldn't. So, she decided to look up at Lily instead, a wicked smile adorning her face. 

"Lils," Thea said as Lily looks up from her own work, "could you pass me that book." 

"Yeah, of course," she hummed as she passed her book on Herbology to Thea's waiting hand.

"Merlin, Thea. Lily, but not me?" Sirius said in shock.

Thea raised an eyebrow.

"She's my best friend," Thea remarked.

"And?" Sirius asked incredulously.

"What do you mean and? We all know I'd swap you for her in an instant," Thea asked, sitting back in her chair and crossing her arms.

She heard James let out a low whistle next to her and she could tell he had an awkward face. 

"I-" Sirius stumbled.

Thea had a wicked grin on her face.

Lily looked between the two and then at James and smirked.

"You know, T, I think we've had enough of these boys," Lily said as she slammed her book closed.

Thea looked up and smirked.

"I was thinking exactly the same thing," Thea said as she closed her own.

The two girls quickly packed up as the boys stared in shock. This was supposed to be a romantic moment for them, but the girls had other plans.