↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

September 1977

Ravenclaw girls dorms

                   Thea opened the drawer next to her bed and pulled out the photographs. 

It was almost like it never happened. It was almost like the boys didn't know her. Time went back on itself. 

They no longer made an effort to talk to her. It was only a quick smile in the hallway.

So, as always, she was alone. 

She looked at the polaroid. It was from the day at the lake. It was of just her and Sirius. Remus had given it to her in confidence because he didn't want James to see it. Thea dismissed it, but never looked at the photograph, really, until now. 

She understood why. She saw the way they were looking at each other. She saw how far up his hands were on her thighs. 

She frowned. What had changed? 

Inside of her, a storm was brewing and yet, you'd never know. That was Thea's way. James took up the emotional space in the family with his great joys and epic lows, so she had to be contained. 

But on the inside, that was a different story. The seas were raging and lighting cracked, splitting her heart and making it burn. 

The photo, it burned. It burned her hand. She dropped it instantly. 

"Thea, are you alright?" A Scottish accent called out.

She looked up to meet the face of Chang Mi, who was looking at her with concern.

"Oh," Thea said with a sniff, "yeah, yeah. Of course."

Thea forced a smile.

"You know you can talk to me," Mi said softly as she sat at the foot of Thea's bed.

"Really, it's alright, but thank you so much," Thea said, "I'd much prefer to wallow alone than drag you into it!"

"I understand," Mi said with a kind smile, "if you need anything, just let me know."

Thea nodded and watched as the girl grabbed some parchment from beside her bed and exited the room. 

Thea fell back on her bed, staring up at the drapes. If she concentrated, she could understand the universe. 

She could summon stars at will, she could break into Tom Riddle's mind, but she couldn't figure out how to ask a simple question.

Where are you?

Where did you go? The person I met at the lake and the person I met on the roof, where did he go? Where is his? Does he want someone to get lost with him? 

The storm raged on inside of Thea. The dams threatened to break, but alas, they were forged with the strongest of stone. They would not break, not today. 

hello!

If you're confused, Chang Mi is the aunt of Cho Chang, but her name is not two surnames and it's put in the traditional Chinese format of family name then given name :)