↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Early November 1979

the Potter-Black residence

              Lily Potter appeared at the door of the Potter-Black house in tears.

"Lily? Are you ok? What's wrong?" Thea asked, frantically checking her friend.

Lily couldn't form words, she just collapsed into Thea's arms as the girls sank to the ground. 

"Lily, you have to tell me what's wrong, so I can fix it," Thea said as she rubbed her back.

"He- He- He- He left," Lily said through sobs.

"Who left?" Thea asked.

"James," Lily hiccuped.

Thea stiffened.

"What?" Thea said in a deadly tone.

"I- I- I- I- I told him about it and he left," Lily sobbed.

"What did you tell him about?" Thea asked carefully, still comforting the girl.

Thea then helped up Lily and led her over to the couch where Lily collapsed and buried her face in Thea's stomach.

"I'm pregnant, Thea," Lily whispered.

Thea wanted to throw up. How dare he?

But, as much as she wanted to maim her brother, she stayed. She had to. Lily needed her. 

"We used- used- used- protection. This- This- This wasn't supposed to happen," Lily said through tears, "I'm- I'm only 19!"

"Lily," Thea said quietly, "you're staying here tonight."

"W- W- W- What?" Lily asked, looking up at Thea with bloodshot eyes, "what if he- he- he comes back?"

"So he comes back. He's the one who left," Thea said quietly as she tucked a piece of hair behind Lily's ear. 

Lily nodded slowly and looked down at her stomach.

"You stay here, I'll get you some pajamas and hot chocolate and we can watch one of those muggle movies you like. The Sound of Music, is it? Sirius and I just got a tello-vision," Thea said softly. 

Lily nodded as Thea got up and rushed around. She went into her room and got her comfiest pajamas for Lily and placed them in front of her.

"Go get changed and I'll make the hot chocolate, ok?" Thea asked. 

"Thank you," Lily whispered as she sniffed.

Thea smiled as Lily went into the bathroom to change. She then rushed to heat up the milk, sugar and chocolate. Luckily, Lily took a little bit as she probably was cooling her face down from crying so much.

When she emerged, Thea presented her with a steaming mug of hot chocolate. 

"Perfect timing," she said cheerily.

For the first time that evening, Thea saw Lily smile. 

"I'm sorry for being so emotional," Lily said as she took the cup.

"Are you joking? James left you when he found out you were pregnant, which is his fault by the way," Thea scoffed, "you deserve so much better."

Lily smiled as they padded over to the couch. Thea did not know how to operate the tv, so Lily did all of the work and soon enough, Julie Andrews's angelic voice filled the house. 

About half way through, Thea noticed Lily dozing off, so she took the mug from the red head's hands and placed it on the coffee table along with her own. She then pulled Lily against her chest and kissed the top of her head.

"Congratulations," Thea whispered, "just know, that whatever you decide to do, whether you decide to keep the baby or not, I'll be here."

"Really?" Lily murmered.

"Always," Thea whispered.