↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

May 1978

The Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry

            "Peter!" Thea yelled as she caught up to the boy. 

He swiveled on his heel and walked over to where Thea was. 

"What can I do for you?" he asked as an easy smile took shape on his face.

"I'm so stupid, I forgot to give you back your book," she said as she rummaged through her bag and pulled out the muggle book he'd given her during the summer. 

"First of all, you're far from stupid. Merlin, you're probably smarter than Dumbledore and second you don't need to give it back. I've convinced my parents I've lost it here," he said as he pushed her outreached hand back into her body.

She quickly nodded.

"Hey are you doing anything right now?" Thea asked as she shoved the book back amongst papers and ink pots. 

"Don't believe so. Remus is doing prefects things, Lily and I don't have tutoring today and James and Sirius are at quidditch practice. Why?" Peter asked.

"I was fancying a trip down to the kitchens-" Thea said as a grin formed on her face.

An identical one also took form on Peter's.

"Now you're speaking my language," he said.

He reached out his arm, which she happily took and they travelled down to the kitchens. 

Once they had gotten past the protections ( which Peter knew by heart ), Thea set to work, grabbing all of the baking materials needed as Peter settled on a stool.

"It's actually perfect that you stopped me because I've been needing your opinion on something," Peter confessed.

"On what?" Thea asked, not looking up from counting her eggs. 

"Well, there's this girl in Hufflepuff that I quite fancy," Peter said meekly.

"No!" Thea gasped.

He nodded shyly. 

"Who is it?" she asked, her eyes lighting up.

"Promise not to tell anyone?" Peter asked.

"On my cat's life," she said with a smile as she propped her head on her hands as she leaned over the counter, facing Peter. 

"Olivia Thomas," he said with a small smile. 

"Olivia- Olivia Thomas? Nice!" Thea exclaimed.

"Yeah, she's brilliant! She's gorgeous and she's also really really good at care of magical creatures and that's the one subject I'm good at too," Peter said with a beaming smile, "and this one time, we were reviewing Cornish Pixies, right. And she leaned over next to me and joked that I probably didn't need to review because I was so good."

"Merlin, Peter!" Thea exclaimed as she went around the counter to hug him. He gladly accepted the hug with much enthusiasm.

"I'm so happy for you," she mumbled into his shoulder. 

"Yeah," he said with a grin as they pulled away and she resumed baking, "I was wondering if you could help me ask her out? The girls I've taken out before- I don't know- I haven't felt something. But with Olivia- I don't know- It's different."

"Of course I'll help you ask her out. In fact, this may be a very opportune moment. Bring her some of these cookies and then ask her out!" Thea said.

"Just walk up to her?" Peter asked, clearly nervous.

"Mmhmm," Thea hummed.

"And just ask her out? Just like that?" Peter asked.

"Yes, Peter. I know her, she's quite straight forward, so I think it's best if you are too," Thea said as she added in the cinnamon.

"Are you making snickerdoodles?" Peter asked.

Thea nodded as she formed the dough and placed it on the pan. 

"And I know for a fact that Olivia likes snickdoodles," Thea said with a big grin.