↳ 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

March 1980

the Potter-Black residence

                  Thea fluttered her eyes open. Light poured into the room from the window, reflecting off of various metal and glass objects in the room.

Birds were chirping outside and she could hear muggle cars. She became much more accustomed to them as they lived there longer. 

She felt Sirius stir next to her, his hand that was wrapped around her waisted tightened. She traced the tattoos on his arm that she could see. A small, Gryffindor lion roared and moved away. She smiled delicately. 

She slowly shifted around, so she was facing Sirius's sleeping figure. He looked so at peace. He had a small smile on his face as he slept, she smiled herself.

She carefully lifted up her hand and lightly traced the tattoos on his chest, neck and upper arms. He had gotten dozens since they started working for the Order. Some were from drunken bets, but most were in protection. He'd always liked Ancient Runes. She made him promise to come home after every mission. 

The runes moved around the borders of the other tattoos, casting protections over his whole body. There was one tattoo, however, that did not move. It never moved. He had gotten a muggle tattoo after the first headquarters infiltration. Everyone thought Thea was dead. 

It was the north star that was inked in blue. The only burst of color on his body.  

He didn't think she was dead, he felt that she was alive. But, you can never be too careful. 

She reached up and traced his lips and his cheeks. She froze when he started to shift. He groaned a bit and his arm moved farther down her back. 

She blushed a bit. They had been together for a while, but it still caught her off guard. 

She cringed as she saw his eyes flutter open, but a moment later got lost in their grey. She liked to joke that she could see the whole universe in them, but she didn't lie. There were small specks of gold and silver that shone when he was happy. 

"Good morning," he mumbled.

He then paused and a smile creeped up onto his face.

"Fiancée," he mumbled.

Thea smiled and brought her hand out from under the covers. On it, the ring that Sirius had proposed to her with the night previous. He brought her hand his face and kissed the back of it gently. 

He leaned forward and softly kissed her lips. She smiled into the kiss. He brought his hand up to deepen it as she heaved herself up, straddled him and then sunk down so her chest met his. She clasped her hands on his chest and rested her head on them as Sirius sat up a bit so he could look at her.

"Good morning, fiancé," Thea mumbled.

Sirius grinned and kissed her again.