𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

type; fluff

date; 12/24/2020

summary; where harry is 17 and louis is 19 (one year into the band) and harry starts to have an odd feeling towards louis.

*edited 4/16/21*
third person pov

It has been one year since the band was first formed. All the guys treated Harry protectively since he was the youngest, especially Louis. Harry found himself getting attached and clingy to Louis, but in a best friend way. Louis never minded. It has been a month of harry being extra clingy, Harry had no idea what was going on but every time he saw the older lad, he had butterflies in his tummy. He brushed it off as just a feeling of happiness, little did he know though.

One day though, harry was extra clingy, so much so the other guys noticed and started to worry.

They were at Harry and Louis's shared flat, watching Jurrastic Park they found on Netflix. Liam was sitting on the couch next to Niall, Zayn was in the armchair, and Harry was laying on top of Louis's chest on the couch across from Liam and Niall.

Louis looked down at the boy and smiled, harry was so beautiful, he pressed his lips atop harry's curls. They never found this weird since they were so close. However halfway through the movie, Louis desperately had to take a wee, he couldn't hold it any longer, frowning since that meant he had to move a half-asleep harry off him. When Louis started to nudge the younger boy off. Harry grasped onto Louis shirt.

Louis giggled at his antics and kissed harry's nose, making the young lad blush and look down.

"Harry love, I really have to take a wee, you have to let go." Louis laughed.

The other guys weren't paying attention to the "best friends." Niall always thought something else was going on, calling their ship name Larry, however, Louis and Harry didn't know that. But when they heard harry start crying they all looked over concerned.

"Noooo Louuu, cuddles." Harry sobbed.

Louis looked down very concerned as to why Harry was being this clingy. Harry smooshed his face into Louis chest. Louis looked over to the boys and shrugged as the guys gave Louis an everything okay look.

"Well hazzy, we don't want this couch ruined so you really have to get up, I promise I will be fast and then we can cuddle all night, alright?" Louis practically begged.

Harry reluctantly scooted off Louis, bringing his knees to his chest and he sat on the couch and waited for Louis to return. The other boys looked at Harry and frowned, his breathing was unbalanced and he was violently shaking. Niall being responsible stood up and sat down next to harry.

"Hey haz, Louis will be back in less than no time!" Niall said trying to sound cheerful.

Harry just looked up with red eyes and a pout and put his head down on his knees.

A couple of minutes later, Louis is walking down the stairs, making his way over to the couch when Harry looks up and sees him. Harry quickly stands up, piling over Niall, and runs into Louis's arms. Louis is taken back and stumbled when Harry runs to cling around him. Louis is now very concerned about his boy.

"Lou lou, can you play with my hair pwease?" (a/n I actually despise baby talk but larry is cute so it's fine). Louis smiles as he brings them to the couch and they play the movie again. The older lad begins playing with the younger lad's hair, loving the feeling of his soft curls. Harry instantly relaxes into Louis's touch. There was that feeling harry kept getting, the butterflies, as soon as a huge wave of it, hit harry. He hugged incredibly tight on Louis's waist.

"Haz, aren't you hugging a bit tight love?" Louis asked somewhat chuckling.

"No, just a scary part in the movie." Harry lied.

Louis looked up at the movie confused, it was Jurassic Park, did dinosaurs scare harry. He giggled at this thought.

"Hazza, are you scared of the dinosaurs?" the older lad giggled.

Niall then brought up the time Liam said he would go back to the time of the dinosaurs (a/n I know that interview doesn't fit the timeline but idc)

"Dinosaurs mate, straight up." Niall mocked while Liam rolled his eyes, Zayn laughing uncontrollably.

Harry began to cry as the older lads joked around about his fake excuse. Louis looked down and saw his tears. He sat harry up on his lap. The other boys noticed the tears in Harry's eyes, not meaning to upset the boy.

"Harry babe, I was only kidding." Niall said in a guilty tone.

"Hey boys, can you give harry and me some privacy?" Louis smiled shyly towards them and they all nodded and headed upstairs to secretly eavesdrop (Niall made them because of his whole Larry ship).

"You called me Harry." The younger lad frowned with a pout on his lips.

"Aw, sorry love, I didn't mean it like that." Louis giggled at the cute sight in front of him and kissed harry's temple.

Harry giggled at the contact, showing off his perfect smile and cute dimples. Louis poked one making harry blush and put his head in the crook of his best friend's neck."

"Hazza, I want to ask you something babe."

Harry sat up and looked at Louis, he was getting that feeling in the pit of his stomach again, this time it was strong, the strongest its been.

"Why are you so clingy tonight haz? I tried to use the bathroom and you wouldn't even let me do that until I forced you. Are you doing okay?" Louis was genuinely concerned.

"You wouldn't understand" Harry said sadly. He tilted his head down, scared to look Louis in the eyes, in fear that Louis was mad at him.

"Hazzie, I am not mad at you, I could never ever be mad at you," Louis said giving a slight smile and bringing his fingers under harry's chin to bring his head up to look into his enchanting green eyes. Harry blushed.

"Now babe, tell me what's up." Louis asked not forgetting the whole situation even though he was lost in harry's eyes.

"Every time I am near you lou, I get this feeling," Harry said blushing and shyly, trying to tilt his head down but Louis not letting him.

"What's the feeling bub?" Louis asked, already knowing that harry had a little crush on him, maybe he felt the same way about the younger boy.

Harry was getting the feeling again and started shaking and twitching. Louis noticed and grasped his hands on harry's cheeks, pulling him so that their foreheads were touching. They both looked into each other's eyes. Blue meeting green.

"Harry, is it okay if I kiss you?" Louis asked sweetly.

Harry just nodded. Louis leaned forward closing his eyes and his lips connected to Harry's, him immediately kissing back. The kiss wasn't full of lust or sexual desire but rather love and sweetness, sending electrical waves through the boys bodies.

"I KNEW IT! PAY UP ZAYN! HAH! LARRY IS REAL!!" Niall shouted running down the stairs causing the boys to stop kissing and looking up confused.

All the boys head downstairs following a very happy Niall. Liam congratulating them, and Zayn paying up to Niall. Louis and Harry just giggled and harry pecked a kiss to Louis's lips.

The rest of the night the boys awed and cooed over Larry snuggling up watching each other, completely forgetting about the dinosaurs on the tellie.

~~~~

ngl, I actually wasn't going to make it this long but it just happened to be that way so that's dandy.

hope you enjoyed xx