𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐠

[date; started - 3/28/21 - published - 4/3/21]

[quick note; i decided to get a new format, my last was one was bothering me, also this is complete fluff, i realize my last two were a bit on the dark side]

{summary; it's harry's 17th birthday, all the boys take him to a laser tag game. NON FAMOUS AU}

no pov

The warm sun is shining through the flat all the guys share, slowly melting at the snow that was laid down on the concrete during the harsh winter season.

The warm weather makes this day that Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn more perfect.

It's harry's 17th birthday, still the baby out of the guys but nonetheless he's getting older.

Currently he's sleeping upstairs in his bedroom while the guys are sat in the kitchen.

"I'm not waking him." Niall held his hands up.

"same, he's grumpy in the morning." Zayn chimes in.

"Louis, you should do it, he likes you the most anyways." Liam says while nudging him.

"no he doesn't." he looks up to see all the guys rolling their eyes.

"fine. you lads are a bunch of wankers." Louis says while standing up and softly walking about the stairs.

He reaches harry's room, who insisted that he painted his door pink, saying how the original white was too bland and blinding.

Louis knocks gently, in case the boy was changing. There's no response so he enters the room to harry sprawled out on the bed, snoring lightly.

"haz, time to wake up." He rolls over so he is facing away from the older lad. He mumbles something but louis can't quite hear.

"what was that love?"

"go away liam." oh so he thinks i'm liam? This should be interesting. Let's test this theory.

"fine, i'll go but niall is really hungry and wants some of your infamous pancakes."

"tell him to make his own." harry grumbles.

"but louis also wants them.." Harry immediately sits up and begins to walk towards the door, only to stop halfway there.

"that wasn't very nice." he pouts. Louis walks over and pinches his cheek.

"i just felt like being a little cheeky birthday boy." Harry blushes and swats louis' hand away who laughs.

"we have a morning surprise for you, make your way downstairs when you are finished getting ready cutie."

Louis walks out to be met with all the guys eavesdropping.

"cutie? really lou?" zayn says.

"you lads already know how our friendship works."

"you two are basically married yet you won't admit your feelings, we know." Niall chuckles.

"oi shut up." Louis slaps his arm and they all walk downstairs into the living room. The gray furniture spreaded out evenly thanks to harry.

A couple minutes later, harry walks out in a simple and comfy outfit, taking a seat next to louis on the loveseat.

"you can sit by me harry, there's more room." Liam pats the spot next to him.

"no, i don't think lou minds." He turns to look at the boy sitting next to him.

"of course love. I wouldn't even care if you had to sit on my lap." Louis chuckles but that stops as harry moves his leg to actually sit on his lap.