𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐭 𝟑

[date; started 6/16/21 - published 7/01/21]

{summary; the last part of play with fire, maybe all along being with louis was a joke, but he will never forget the way the smaller hand grasped onto him, warm blood dripping down his arm}

warnings; violence, swearing, near death

no pov

"we have to leave.."

"it must still be your nightmare, i promise we are safe, niall is safe now." louis tries to reassure.

"it wasn't about niall." harry's tone of voice is weak and small, something he isn't entirely used to feeling. Before louis can even ask further questions, harry is standing up and packing a few things into a brown suitcase.

"what are you doing?" louis stands up from the bed, calmly walking over to a distressed harry.

"something bad is going to happen, i can feel it."

"i think you are just tired." louis is starting to get annoyed with harry, all he really wants is to go back to bed.

"i'm not fucking joking louis, either you come with or you don't, your choice."

"you are being completely idiotic, nothing is going to happen." louis runs his hand over his temple, he only removes it when he can sense Harry's eyes on him.

a few teardrops drip down his cheeks and then he's leaving without another word. Harry makes it halfway down the stairs before louis is grabbing his shoulder.

"go back to bed." louis stays sternly

"i'm leaving, i gave you a choice." harry tries to get out of his grasp only for louis to grab him harder.

"LET GO!" tensions are high with harrys screaming now filling the dark room.

"NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHATS WRONG!" louis doesn't have any fear of yelling, he's known for fighting back.

"please" time freezes for a second, harry sounds broken and afraid, he has a light layer of sweat covering his body. His breathing is all over the place once again.

without any more words being said, harry just collapses to the ground and curls up on himself, louis stares at him with concern.

"let's get you in the bath and maybe we can set up an appointment for a therapist tomorrow." harry just nods, too exhausted to fight more, maybe louis is right about these hallucinations.

Harry weakly grabs onto louis' hand, the older boy gently walks harry up the stairs and into the large bathroom with a jacuzzi looking bathtub, harry sits on the closed seat of the toilet.

"do you want me to join you?" louis asks as he reaches across to turn the facet on.

"yes please." harry mumbles shyly, feeling a bit embarrassed from freaking out over a dumb dream.

"also i'm sorry, i shouldn't have freaked out like that." and even though louis could come up with a snarky and rude remark he instead give a sympathetic look and lightly kisses harry's forehead telling him he isn't mad.

"the tub is all filled, lets just take a quick soak and then we can head to bed yeah?" harry just nods and undresses himself out of his boxers, louis doing the same. louis gets in first, sliding his back against the tub.

he motions for harry to sit between his legs, which the younger boy does, resting some of his weight on louis' chest.

"you can relax baby, i don't mind." louis says gently before reaching behind him to grab some body wash.