𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡

warnings ⚠️; death

- requested by anonymous

date; started; 3/23/21 - published; 3/27/21

summary; harry has cancer and louis is always by his side, even in his final hours.

notes; side affects and treatment might be off so i apologize, also they aren't famous in this.

set; 2011

louis pov

I sit in the light blue kitchen with some black tea in my favorite mug that harry bought me. He's still asleep, which is rare for him, he's an early riser yet right now it's late afternoon.

He's probably tired with everything that's been going on with his bakery.

I move my fringe to the side and take one last gulp of my slightly cold tea. I place the mug in the sink and make my way upstairs.

I quietly open the door to the bedroom and walk next to harry who is snoring slightly.

I slowly rub my hand up and down his exposed back, causing him to groan a little and flip over.

"baby, time to get up." i say sweetly.

"nooo" i roll my eyes playfully and lean over to kiss him on the cheek. He giggles quietly so i do it again.

"okay okay, i'm up." I smile and watch as harry sits up and rubs his eyes. Once he removes his hands from his eyes, i notice something.

"why are you staring at me like that?" I ignore his question and lean in a little. There's a yellowish tint to his eyes, now that i look closer the skin around his eyes is also a light tint of yellow.

"did you do something to your eyes?"

"besides shut them to go to sleep, no." harry replies sassily.

"i'm being serious babe, your eyes are yellow."

Harry stares at me with his one eyebrow raised. He stands up from the large king sized bed and makes his way to the master bathroom.

I follow behind him and stand in the doorway of the bathroom. I watch nervously as he leans in and checks his eyes.

"weird.. maybe just some sort of tan or bruise" he shrugs.

"tans or bruises don't turn your actual eye yellow, the skin around it maybe but not your eyes." Harry sighs and walks up to me.

He softly kisses my lips.

"don't worry love, i'm fine." Harry walks downstairs, still only wearing just his black boxers. I sigh and follow him and sit down on the couch.

We both have today off, so we mostly have a lazy day, i make sure to keep checking an annoyed harry's eyes. I see that same yellow color also near his temple on the left side. I know for a fact it wasn't there before since I was kissing his left cheek when i woke him up.

"louis, i told you i'm fi-"

I press a delicate finger to the spot on his head.

"there's another spot, it wasn't there this afternoon."

"babe.." harry turns to face me, pausing the random action movie we put on.

"i'm just worried about you haz." Harry pecks my nose and places my head in his lap.

"i promise, nothing bad is going to happen to me."

I wake up the next morning in the soft covers of our bed. I turn over to wrap my body around harry but find no one. Normally if harry were up i would smell a delicious cooked meal but as I sniff the air i don't smell anything.