𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞

{date started: 12/24/22 - date published: 12/24/22}

summary: harry styles is a junior nobody, he just exists and makes no impact according to louis tomlinson, a senior, it's always a senior. it may seem like harry is lonely but he has an online friend or does he?

warnings: swearing 

update: story begins soon I promise, I'm sorry I just never update, I'm trying to spend my last 6 months of high school preparing mentally for college and I just lost some passion for writing (the saddest thing ever btw). I hope to update a lot more in the future. happy holidays and happy 31st birthday to my favorite person (louis tomlinson duh)

*lowercase on purpose*

no pov

"wake up harry." muffled groans, the early morning sunrise shining through white sheer curtains. 

"c'mon now sweetie, school starts in a few minutes and you don't want to miss the bus." harry rolls over his hair sticking in every opposite direction, and his eyes squinting to adjust to the light. 

"ughh, when can i get a car mum?" anne signs with a small smile.

"i have told you countless times honey, we can't afford the car we have let alone another one, what is so bad about the bus anyways?" harry sends her a look, the look of i am sixteen and don't need to ride the bus when everyone else drives. 

"whatever." anne leaves him to getting ready, she works doubles making sure to provide enough for harry and his boy needs and his sister gemma who is a freshman in a nearby community college. 

harry sits up and looks over at his analog clock, the bright red numbers flashing saying he only has five minutes to get ready. for most this may be something that would stress out a person, but harry doesn't seem to mind. 

the long mirror that hangs on the fall shows off his gray sweatpants along with a new york hoodie, he went when he was little and for some reason bought a large size for when he was older. the outfit stays but the hair proceeds to be brushed, taming unruly curls usually takes a lot longer but why would harry complain when he is supposed to be in a rush. 

he grabs his coral blue kanken, it has pins of nirvana, arctic monkeys, SZA, and the boys who cry (if you know this reference praise to you). he slips on his cream with black accents nike 550's, probably his favorite shoes.

his mom already left for work, meaning no breakfast which is fine in theory considering the bus is already pulling up to his driveway so he wouldn't have had time anyways. harry rushes out making sure he has his earbuds and his key to lock the house.

The bus ride was uneventful, as per usual, he doesn't sit with anyone, prefers to sit in the back while all the popular students gossip about what freshman is dating what senior in the middle, and then the students who sit at the front for getting in trouble. 

normally someone sits across from harry but today it's peaceful and lonely, sounds melancholy but harry enjoys this somber peace. the way to school is a fairly long distance, it is enough for harry to put his headphones in and listen to kill bill by SZA, and start sketching in a notebook a drawing of the seat in front of him. The seat has a very cracked texture, a light brown faded faux leather, and a medium sized gash in the top right corner exposing the sponge mattress inside. 

harry sighs when the bus pulls up to south high school, his worst nightmare sits there, not his teachers, not his classes, not even the horrible lunch, rather louis tomlinson.

louis tomlinson begins his day much different compared to harry. he wakes up to a large bedroom filled with football trophies, pictures of recent family vacation, and a beautiful blue navy comforter. he wakes himself up at five in the morning just to hit the gym and eat a delicious english breakfast consisting of farmer market sausage, fresh garden tomatoes, and freshly squeezed orange juice.