Chapter 9: Their Perfect Little Life

Hello, so tomorrow will probably be my last day of updating for a little while, since like I said going back to work and such. So lets begin. 

-Darcy's POV-

The weeks went by and school was starting soon, and Matthew was leaving tomorrow. I was absolutley gutted. Our wonderful summer was over and I had to say goodbye. Sure he would be back in about 2 weeks but this time he would be with Becca and they would be moving into a flat together and starting there happily ever after. It was our last day together so I had planned to spend every moment with him, no distractions no matter what. In the morning we went out for breakfast and then decided to drive down to Brighton to see the beach. Now it did not compare to beaches back in LA but it was our beach. We spent most of the day down in Brighton and hung out and explored, nothing to special but still fun cause we were together. As we were walking down the street we saw an open house sign to this building which I assume was full of new flats since the building looked fairly new. 

"Come on lets go and look" I say grabbing his hand and dragging him in the front entrance. A lady meets us right away. 

"Are you two interested in purchasing a flat?" Matthew looks at me nervously and I just smile back at him grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze.

"Yes, my boyfriend and I are looking for our first flat together. Nothing to big, but big enough for the both of us. I think we will just know when we see it" I say. I must say I was pretty convincing. Except for the fact that I really did look like a high school. I mean I was tiny and didn't really have an 'im an adult look'. Though i'm not really sure what that look would even be called.

"I think I know the perfect place for you" she says and leads us into the elevator. The place could only have been 8 or so floors so I had assumed we wouldn't be going up very high since it's usually the higher you go the more expensive and bigger they become. She pressed the button 5 and we headed up. She lead us down a hallway and I have to say this place was a very classy looking place. I would for sure live in a place like this. She stops and a door and slides her key in. As soon as she opens the door I nearly fall over. It wasn't a huge place and was furnished for display but I was inlove with it. 

"Can we look around a bit?" Matthew asks. The lady nods her head and leaves us to look around. I walk throughout the whole flat looking in everyroom and just falling in love. This probably wasn't smart. I walk into the master bedroom and cant help but smile. This was everything I would want my room to be. Looking at this flat only made me think about all the oportunities I will never get. I will never buy my first flat with my boyfriend, I will never have kids, I will never get married, I will never have the life I had always dreamed of. The princess fairytale I had always wanted. "Darc.." Matthew says panicy, "What's wrong? Why are you crying" he asks in a worried tone. I had not realised I was crying and had no idea how I was going to explain myself. My brain was working so hard trying to find a way to get out of this situation. 

"It's just so perfect, and I dont know. It just makes me want to grow up and get started with my life. I dont really know why i'm crying sorry" I say pathetically. That was the worst explanation in the history of explanations. He just nodded his head luckily. Since I guess he got the vibe of me not wanting to talk about it, which was exactly right. Luckily we got out of there before the lady came back and didn't need to worry about giving her an explanation as to why we didn't want it. We found a little cafe near by and went inside. I had always loved brighton just everything about it pulled me in. I knew when I was older I would deffinetly want to live in either London or Brighton. We sat down and talked for a while  but my mum texted me saying she wanted us to come back because it was his last night and she wanted to have dinner with all of us. Which got me a little angry since she knew I had wanted today to be about just us.