Chapter 22: Your Side Girl

Hello guys. Dont you just hate it when your computer shuts down for no reason. Well I sure do! I was almost done writing this chapter when my computer shut down. GRRRR. That makes me so angry. But basically what I said in this bit was the I have so many things to do today including the abundance of homework I have but I weighed the pros and cons of the options I have and this option sounded more appealing and less stressful. So here you have it! Enjoy!

 -Darcy's POV-

I was starting to worry it had been 3 days since I told Matthew and I hadn't heard from him at all. All through out the day I was unable to focus in any of my classes due to the fact that I could not stop thinking about Matthew. I mean I understand it was a big thing I told him, I mean a huge thing and I understood he was hurting and trying to find a way to cope with the fact. Telling him was the hardest thing i've ever had to do. So I was hurting too. After school I headed to work and went to Matthews straight after. I went inside the building and up the elevator and knocked on his door but there was no answer. So I pulled out the key he had given me and let myself in. The minute I opened the door I was hit with an overwhelming odor of alcohol. I looked around his flat and there was bottles upon bottles all over the place. I then see Matthew sprawled across the couch with an empty beer bottle in his hand. I began cleaning, mostly because the way this place looked. I was utterly repulsed. I was about half way through cleaning when I heard his voice. "I thought I told you I wanted to be alone?" he asks obviously still drunk. How much did he have to drink?

"Matthew that was 3 days ago?" I ask. Had he been drinking for 3 days straight. I mean there was enough alcohol all over the place i'm sure he could have. "Have you been drinking for the past 3 days Matthew?" I ask. "What about your classes?" I ask he doesn't even look up at me. "Have you been missing classes?!" I scream. No reply. I turn around and go into his room to see his schedule on his desk. He had 2 classes Saturday and 3 today. I storm out of his room. "Matthew you have missed 5 classes!" I scream at him. "What are you thinking!?" I scream. Finally he looks up at me his eyes bloodshot. 

"What am I thinking?! I am thinking my girlfriend, my bestfriend, the love of my life has cancer! I am thinking I am not going to have forever with her! I am thinking I will never have a family with her! I am thinking I am going to lose her!" he screams at me. But suddenly his face turns pale and he looks like he is about to be sick. 

"The toilet Matthew! The toilet!" I scream and he hops up running as best he can to the toilet. He almost tripped over a rug and fell flat on his face. I had to hold back my laughter. A few secounds later I go to check on him to see if he made it to the toilet alright. I immediately regreted it. The bathroom reaked. I walk out of the bathroom and began opening windows to let some fresh air in to get rid of this horrid smell. I take away any left over alcohol he has left which isn't very much due to how much he has been drinking. I grab his wallet and scream at him, "I'm just going to go grab you some stuff! I'll be back in about 20 minutes." I head out the door and walk to the nearest tesco as I am walking I finally take in what he said about losing me. The thoughts scared me too, hell they killed me. But that is why all I want to due is be with him and stop wasting time fearing the inevtitable. I grab some water bottles and advil. I pay for that and walk over to the McDonalds that it only a 5 minute walk. I pick up a meal for him even though it is like 10pm. I get home and the smell has died down a bit. I go into the bathroom and find him passed out on the floor. I flush the toilet and leave the bathroom. I put the water in the fridge and leave the advil and McDonalds on the counter. Hopefully he wakes up soon. I finished cleaning up his flat throwing out the remaining bottles and sprayed some febreeze. I took a seat on his couch and waited for him to wake up. Once he did, I could hear him throwing up again. He finishes and comes out of the bathroom. He sees me on the couch and I could basically see his brain trying to figure out what I was doing here. He had obviously sobered up a bit but not enough. I grab a bottle of water and pass it to him, he doesn't say anything instead just downs the bottle.