Chapter 1: Forgotten

This is crazy! The second book to my little Harry series. I'm so excited for this you dont even know! Darcy is 14 now!!

-Darcy's POV-

Matthew was coming to stay with us for the summer which I was beyond excited. My birthday was a week away and they were suppose to get here tomorrow. Right I did say they. Matthew was bringing his girlfriend. Now that I was not so excited for.

*flasback to a year ago*

Matthew rarely talked much and when we did it was for only a little while. I felt like a piece of me was misisng. Once he had gotten into to high school it was as if he had forgotten about me. Which I guess was to be expected since I had only just going into junior high. But we only talked once every month if that, which is a big change since we had hardly ever missed a day since I was like 4. So the change took a hard toll on me. I had basically lost my best friend.

But a couple months ago he started calling again. Now it wasn't everyday, but it was still amazing to be able to talk to him again. Today when he called something was different.

"Hi Matthew whats up? Something wrong?" I asked. Just looking at him I could tell something was off or he was hiding something.

"No Darc, nothing's wrong.. I just.. Well I want you to meet someone!" he says. I was super confused. We had never really introduced any of our friends to each other before it was always just us so I just nodded my head and he pulls in this gorgeous girl. She reminded me of the girls from school that ran the school, she was stunning and it was obvious why Matthew had choosen her, but that wasn't just it she looked like an angel. She didn't have a rude snobby look to her. Her eyes were bright and she smiled at me. And when she looked at me it automatically made me feel like a troll. I mean I was nothing compared to her. I gave her a smile as best I could and she introduced herself.

"Hi i'm Rebecca! Matt has told me so much about you! Your gorgeous by the way hun" she said cheerily and gave me a toothy smile. I tried my hardest to keep my smile on my face and not scoff. I hated when I was called 'hun' it made me feel like a little girl. I was 13! They were 16 not even that much older than me! Plus she called him Matt... I had always liked saying Matthew, it just flowed better and I had always called him that. No one even calls him Matt. Or do they. Do they all call him Matt over there.

"Thank you" I say quickly not wanting to converse to much more with her. Just then my phone buzzed and I thanked whoever it was. It was my friend Elizabeth. Or Liz as I call her. We had been friends since I had first started Elementry school. I had considered her my bestfriend always but not like Matthew.

From; Lizzz

What's up girl, you free tonight?

I replied with just talking to Matthew and yeah sure, froyo?

From; Lizzz

Ooooo, lover boy ;)

As we got older and made new friends whenever I would talk about Matthew they would always go into this huge thing about how I was secretly inlove with them and i'd try and convince them that I wasn't that it wasn't like that. I never called him my brother because that wasn't what our friendship was like.. It was just two bestfriends. But no one seemed to understand that.

"So uhm who is she Matthew" I make sure to emphasize on the Matthew to make sure she understands what i'm trying to say but I dont think she does and she just continues smiling at me. Stop smiling! I understand your perfect!

What I see next my jaw can not help but drop. He puts his hand in hers and my stomach goes into a whole bunch of nots and I felt as if my heart had just been squeezed and I was about to puke. I put my finger up to the camera on my computer and run out of my room into the bathroom and vomit out my guts. I rinse my mouth with some mouthwash and head back into my room.