Didi, Wait for Me

A small bird sat on the hunched Mangolia tree in the Jin's guest garden, chirping and dancing on the branches.
A perfect morning melody for the Chief Cultivator and his fellow Little Master residing in the room next to his.
Though right now, the bird was alone- looking around as if searching for her morning companion.

Inside the chamber in front of the tree, a teenage boy clad in pure white robes sat by the bed with his head resting on his folded arms. Another figure laid on the bed, draped in thin white sleeping robes; with his hair splayed on the pillow and his hands in the perfect position according to his rules. One look at him and no one could deny that the figure looked like an angel was sleeping.

After a moment the figure in the bed stirred and two gold orbs opened slowly, analysing his surroundings.
For a second, he simply lay there when suddenly he felt a presence beside him and almost jumped when a hand grabbed his own. But he wouldn't be a Lan and the Second Jade of Gusu if he jumped just because of a presence, so he simply tilted his head and oh....

There, beside his bed laid his best disciple( and if he was biased about thus one fact then no one knew about it and neither did they need to) and son, Lan Suzhui with his head pillowed on his arms (which would sleep when he woke up) and one of his arm was draped on Lan Wangji.

In his sleep, he had grabbed his hand just like he used to when he was still little A Yuan, still that small skinny child whom Lan Wangji tried his best to make chubby by keeping him his own share when his brother wasn't around. Though what Lan Wangji didn't know was that Zewu-Jun himself asked the head cook to give the child more food and not report it to Lan Qiren.
Whenever A Yuan would have a nightmare he would cluth Lan Wangji's robes in sleep, sometimes even waking up and then leaving his blanket in favour of snuggling into Lan Wangji's chest like a child would with their mother and curling himself, clutching the elder's robes, making Lan Wangji smile in his sleep.

They both were and Lan Wangji still is prone to nightmares. And ever since A Yuan came in Lan Wangji's life, his world changed. A Yuan was a reason and anchor which Lan Wangji had clung to for sixteen years when no one, even his brother couldn't help him with the nightmares and the heavy guilt that gnawed at Lan Wangji's heart.
While little A Yaun had saw Lan Wangji at his lowest and helped him in his own little ways, Lan Wangji had watched and raised A Yuan from a little boy of three to a teenager of sixteen, teaching him everything he could and making sure the boy had everything which his beloved Gege would have tried to take care of. All the while making sure no one hurt the boy in the slightest because of his background.

His uncle had been one big hurdle, even though he didn't know A Yuan's lineage but he had his suspensions which he had confirmed when he saw the Ghost General with his pure Lan disciple. But Lan Xichen had helped there, being the sect leader meant he had the power to make the final decision.

Thinking of his brother brought back his haunted expression back in his mind and Lan Wangji blinked to get rid of the moisture in his eyes. He missed his brother and sometimes just wished he could leave everything at once and just listen to his brother. Lan Wangji was no child and there were strict rules about physical affection bestowed upon children after they reached the age of five. But not for the first time since his brother went in seclusion, Lan Wangji wished to have his brother's arm around him, hugging him , providing the warmth and protection which oozed from his brother whenever he hugged Lan Wangji when they both were childrenwho had just lost their mother.

" Hanguang-Jun! You're awake." Lan Wangji startled and opened his eyes, feeling dampness on his lashes. He glanced at Suzhui, who seemed to be shocked at something. There was happiness, shock and relief on his face (?)
" Suzhui. What happened?" He had a throbbing feeling in his temple, his whole body felt a bit numb and he didn't remember much of the previous night. Also Suzhui was in his room so all this added up to something suspicious, which without any doubt related to something Lan Wangji didn't want to deal with, right now.

Suzhui was avoiding his gaze, so he probbed him. " Tell me." Being a Lan by heart, Suzhui had his qualities and habits when it came to rules and discipline. So lying was out of window before it could even enter the same room as Lan Wangji and Lan Suzhui.
" You......were unconscious when I came. I couldn't sleep.....so came here, but you wouldn't open the door even after knocking five times, so I entered the room and found you unconscious in the bed. I am sorry Hanguang-Jun! This disciple didn't mean to intrude....but I was worried! I-I...." " A Yuan."

Lan Suzhui stopped his apology and looked up from his bow, shocked. Hanguang-Jun hadn't called him by his birth name since he got his courtesy name, and that was almost eleven years ago. Maybe it was the way his Hanguang-Jun/Lan Wangji/Rich- Gege looked at him with his golden eyes glistening and face so open and soft, A Yuan was reminded of the nights he saw Lan Wangji silently crying while standing at the porch doors- while the snow fell with his eyes closed and when he opened them, the orbs shining like pools of molten gold or the way he said his given name he had last called him when he was crying because he didn't had a mother and had asked Lan Wangji for one but for once, his Gege was unable to give him something.
Lan Wangji had simply closed his eyes, exhaled slowly and then carried A Yuan away from the sight and though little A Yuan threw quite a tantrum at first, he too subdued when he found his Gege quiter than usual. That night Lan Wangji had called him in just the same voice, filled a bit more with a foreign emotion.

But whatever it was, the next moment Suzhui threw himself at Lan Wangji, uncaring about breaking rules and hugged him tightly while burrowing in the older's comforting and surprisingly warm embrace, while the latter adjusted his arms accordingly like an old routine gone cold.
Neither said anything, just holding onto each other and savouring the moment and basking in each other's presence. After sometime, it was Lan Wangji who spoke " Suzhui, you must go. It getting late, I need to get ready for today's conference." But Suzhui simply shook his head and murmured something. Lan Wangji had to strain his ears to listen to the words and understand, " Conference is cancelled. Jin Ling said that it will commence from three days onwards." Lan Wangji blinked, why did the conference pause? But he decided to let the matter rest for now. He will ask later, for now he needed to put on some clothes.

Somewhere else, a figure dressed in graphite and washed indigo robes sat near the window of his house. The figure was staring blankly outside when something came flying towards him. When the thing reached closer, the figure stretched out a palm to accept it and the paper bird landed on his palm. It was a communication talisman, obviously newly invented or modified front he spiritual butterflies. It was surrounded by a soft glow which subsided when it landed. The person took the bird to his low table and opened the letter.

He read the letter silently, his eyes widening for a second then hardening. His grip on the letter tightened while a frown appeared on his tired face. On seeing the sender's name, he became confused but put it aside. Grabbing his sword and xiao, he opened the door of his house and mounted his sword. With his destination in mind he flew with an urgency.

Four words left his mouth as he flew past the boundary of his home:
Didi, xionzhang is coming.

♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤■♤
So here's an update. Kindly ignore grammatical errors and spelling mistakes and if you cannot then do prompt me. So the lockdown is opening and everything is opening too which means that the updates will be more infrequent....hope you all bear with me.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!🤗