Angel From the Moon

The Koi Tower had always been praised for its beauty and extravagance but tonight, in the WǎnXiānnǚ garden of the palace, it looked like as if the Moon fairy as descended.

In the sky, Moon was half dipped in clouds from heaven's side while some other clouds drifted by. The soft glow made the moon look like sunset in sea at night.

In the garden, under an old Blossom tree, a figure glowed in white challenging the moon in subtlety.
The figure's ethereal appearance was enhanced by the softness of their face which was relaxed compared to the cold mask always on it.

Another figure, similarly dressed stood at a distance though not under the tree. The other simply watched with an alert but relaxed posture while the angel played the Guqin resting on his lap.

The song was one which had always been an indelible  part of both the figures' life. Without any lyrics, with the notes varying sometimes as if telling a tale, the emotions and inner feelings of the composer— the song had been the companion of nature's bell in Cloud Recesses.

One would think, how and why the fairy was sitting under the tree with the qin. As the fairy was none other than the Second Jade of Gusu, Hanguang-Jun, Lan Wangji.
The reason was simple and innocently standing few feet away from him guarding the area.

Apparently Lan Suzhui, though was the most dedicated student among his peers but there was one rule he had never actually followed throughly.

It was not an important one ( if he were to ask his Xian ge) but for the GusuLan it was strict one which the elders drilled in the minds of tiny Lan babies once they became five.
The Lan disciples were not allowed to show much emotion but the rule had been pushed aside as soon as Lan Wangji became the acting Sect Leader.

Whenever he was sad, Suzhui would find Lan Wangji and though Lan Qiren had disapproved the ignorance of the rule so did the Lan elders but in Lan Wangji's eyes, they could just sit back and follow that rule for themselves.
The rule was there but for discipline.

Today was the second day of Lan Wangji's 'holiday' and so he decided to spend the day with his son. Since the conference was paused, all the disciples got some time to think.
Jingyi had most of them look for anything and everything they could find in the hall after they completed their morning drill.

They got some visitors during the sword exercise but other than that the disciples mingled a bit (as much as the Lan rules allowed) with the other disciples of different sects and then secretly ventured in search of clues.

Meanwhile Lan Wangji was kept busy by Suzhui who used his advantage of being almost like Lan Wangji's son ( he wanted to copy rules while doing handstand for using the fact to his advantage but Jingyi and Wei Wuxian won't let him) to keep Lan Wangji from thinking about anything work related.

As the night settled, Lan Wangji asked Suzhui to come with him and that was how they both ended up in the garden. Suzhui had long since learned that his Zhan ge never showed his feelings openly but through his music.

It was like the music weaved words that he could never speak, becoming his voice when Lan Wangji didn't know how to choose words. It was a language which Lan Wangji had embraced with wide arms and the music also embraced him in return.

Tonight as Suzhui listened to the melody, he roamed his eyes all around thinking, wishing, hoping that the melody would take away the pain of the player. His eyes found a black figure standing near the gate of the garden, making him think for a moment if it's the culprit but upon further scrutinizing the figure turned out to be Little Master.

It seems like Little Master was going to enter but stopped. His one foot in mid air surely was due to something. Suzhui looked behind him, and...the sight was ethereal. Oh...