Banked Rage: Control

Wei Wuxian had always known what others think of him. It's hard not to, when the supposed subtle glances and sentences do not sound as subtle as they are supposed to be; and so, when the healer hesitates to talk in front of him like he wasn't the one who brought back the Chief Cultivator here in the first case to treat him.
So,Wei Wuxian made the first excuse that came to his mind, which led to his current predicament of roaming the Lotus Pier and trying to avoid as many Jiang disciples as possible while seeking the way back. The Lotus Pier he knew had been reconstructed with few extra touches and Wei Wuxian got lost.

A left turn and entering a hallway, he saw some maids rushing with buckets of water and other things, just what Wei Wuxian had been looking for.
But looking around he thought, wait, did I just circled the whole Lotus Pier only to locate the extra rooms of the Medical wing just in the corridor next to the one in which Lan Zhan is ?
With a sigh and shake of his head, Wei Wuxian stepped near a maid who was coming out of one of the rooms with a bucket full of bloodied water.
" Miss, can you tell me if the injured disciples are there in the room you just cane from ? Who is treating them ?"
The maid startled and stepped back in fear causing Wei Wuxian took a look at himself. When he didn't find anything out of place he turned to look at the girl who was trembling slightly. Then something occured to him,oh...

He had forgotten just how much the people still feared the Yilling Patriarch and most of the servants and disciples must have seen him yesterday entering Lotus Pier and pacing outside Lan Zhan's room. Wei Wuxian can bet that his aura and expression at that time alone must have been more than enough to scare anyone.
He cursed himself for talking so casually, obviously the girl was afraid.
Who wouldn't be if they see the fearsome Yilling Patriarch in front of them, surrounded with black smoke and raging in silent fury, ready to pounce on anyone who so much as breathed wrong.
" Hey...I am not going to do anything! Just tell me where they are, please ?" He accompanied this with his best charming expression which seem to relax the girl, if only a bit. She bowed her head a bit and nodded in the the direction of the room beside them.
" The injured disciples are being treated there, in the rooms. Lady Lan is treating them along with Zhang Daifu." Wei Wuxian let the maid go after that, fearing that thr girl would pass out from how pale she looked, even though she was clearly trying to be brave.
The cons of being the Yilling Patriarch in first life.

He darted into the room silently and saw five beds occupied by the disciples.
The female Lan instructor who had come with the Lan delegation at the Koi Tower was currently crushing something in the mortar which was causing Wei Wuxian to feel nauseous. Two maids were there too, shuffling around the room with herbs and bandages in hand. All the injured disciples appeared to be sleeping and a male who must be Zhang Daifu as the maid outside told Wei Wuxian, was wrapping up an arm in bandages. The upper body was almost blocked from his angle so Wuxian went to the instructor.
" Lady Lan." The lady turned upon hearing him and bowed in curtesy.
" Master Wei. " She didn't say anything else, typical Lans.
Since she knows him, it might be better if Wei Wuxian tried to be a bit courteous, he wasn't rude to anyone anyway without pretence.
" Lady Lan, the disciples...."
" They have been treated Master Wei. Sizhui and Jingyi are in this room only along with sect leader Jin, if you want to see them. Sect leader Jin is being seen by Zhang Daifu, though I suppose he is done."
Wei Wuxian blinked in surprise. He wasn't expecting such a report.
" Thanks for the information, lady Lan. But if you don't mind , may I ask how you have such profound knowledge of medicine ?" The herbs which the instructor was crushing weren't some common ones but the ones which Wei Wuxian clearly remember seeing in the scrolls kept by Wen Qing.
Which would mean that the lady had done this before too. Sensing his hesitant curiosity, the lady smiled kindly, " Cloud Recesses doesn't bound us to one field, master Wei.
If we wish to study two things and specialize in one then it's by choice.
I have studied medicine in depth, though my specialization lies in dealing with wounds and healing them with extensive knowledge in types of herbs and their uses. The sword you see symbolizes that I am a cultivator and most of the time dedicate myself in training female disciples in swordship. I am an inner clan member, which means I must know cultivation. "