So Close Yet So Far~I

In a dim lit chamber full of golden lavish decorations, a black figure was hunched over a low table- observing different vials and scrolls.
Stacks of paper and scrolls lined on the right edge of the table, while the beautiful tea set has been removed in favor of all the study material present on the table. A veil attached to a bamboo hat was placed on top of all the papers, the figure having discarded it long ago in the privacy of his room.
The door was sealed with a protective talisman so he had no worry whatsoever about anyone barging in uninvited.

A lone candle lit the tabletop, while cat like eyes scanned scrolls after scrolls and tested vials after vials; searching for something. " Argh...what are you ??" The figure suddenly exclaimed, glaring at the vial in his palm. He had searched almost all the scrolls and papers he had, racked his brain for any memory related to such smell but try as he might, he couldn't find out he source of the substance present in the vial held in his hand. He knew it was some kind of oil which would slowdown one's response if Lan Wangji's reaction was anything to go by. He had noticed that as soon as he caught the other in his arms.

His body had been lax and though Lan Wangji's spiritual energy didn't seem affected in the fight- hell, Wei Wuxian was sure that Lan Wangji could be half delirious and still fight as if nothing was wrong ( he was saying that from experience of course, when he got Lan Wangji drunk in the inn during their journey of the mystery blade ghost).
Sighing, he stood up and stretched himself, some loud cracks sounding in places he was sure wasn't normal and would get him a scolding from Wen Qing if she could see him now.
Though he quickly removed that thought from his mind before he descended into the sea of resentments and memories, because right now, he didn't had Lan Zhan to play Cleansing for him.
" This is really hell! How am I supposed to stop that stupid courtier and trace him at the same time ? I need someone else!" Wei Wuxian knew that if the person was daring enough to drug Lan Wangji, the Chief Cultivator then who knew what he would do next ? While Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng were trying there best; they could only do so much and not attract attention as to why they were interfering in such things and knowing the other sect leaders - they will or in his opinion were themselves trying to use this for their own benefit.

He needed someone else who could help him; someone who had the perfect excuse or right to interfere in the whole mystery courting drama without anyone questioning their decision to do so and Wei Wuxian knew exactly the person who can.
" Ah....looks like it's time. I am sorry Lan Zhan but seems like Zewu-Jun will have to come out of his seclusion way too soon than he planned. I am sure Lan Zhan will be happy."
With this thought, Wei Wuxian put everything aside and started planning how to break the news to the First Jade of Gusu and make him leave seclusion.

************************************
Vote and comment! Let me know your thoughts...🤗