Banked Rage: Explosion

The journey to Cloud Recesses was tiring to say the least. They had travelled through the waters of Yunmeng for the first part, opting to stay on ground for the most of their journey so as not to be in a vulnerable position in case of an ambush.
Wei Wuxian was on his black horse, trotting beside the carriage like an escort. He didn't let anyone lag for a second. When they stopped for a break in between, everyone except Wei Ying would disperse—some going to fill water or refresh but he just stayed beside the carriage.
If Lan Xichen saw him staring at the carriage for too long or at times lifting the curtain for a good look at his brother, he mercifully kept quiet about it.

Finally, after four days of almost non-stop travelling, the Lan retinue reached Cloud Recesses on the fifth day.
The land route had cost them time but the protection and advantage it gave was undeniable. Lan Xichen had informed Lan Qiren beforehand so that they could start looking at Wangji as soon as possible.
They shifted Wangji to Jingshi, thinking it to be the best choice in case something happened.
After the shifting was done and everyone had returned to their rooms for the night, Lan Xichen saw Wei Wuxian standing outside the Jingshi staring in the vicinity with his flute twirling between fingers.

Thinking that this would be as good as an opportunity, he went near the latter.
" Wei gonzi, you look troubled."
Wei Wuxian turned around and bowed, and Lan Xichen noticed for the first time how tired he looked.

" Zewu-Jun, I am fine. Just....thinking. "
" I will leave you to your thoughts then. But just to let you know, one of the guest quarters have been prepared for you. Incase you don't wish to leave anytime soon, the room in Jingshi is also made. Wangji....always keeps the place clean. "
Wei Ying blinked. He got the part that one of the guest quarters have been cleaned but Lan Wangji keeping his Jingshi clean was not something new. He wondered why Lan Xichen pointed that out.

" Uh...Zewu-Jun, I don't think I will be sleeping tonight. I am a night owl, so I will just sit there on the bridge. But thanks for letting me know."

" I will take my leave then, Wei gonzi."
With that Lan Xichen nodded and went away with an exasperated smile.
Night came and went with Wei Wuxian sitting outside on the small bridge near the Jingshi as two Lan disciples had come to stand guard.
Knowing that he wasn't needed there and won't be allowed in, Wei Ying went on to find his guest quarter and settled on the low table to work on some talismans. He immersed himself in his work, tinkering with symbols and designs which he thought might help with Lan Wangji's case. Liu daifu had made sure to make him feel as unwelcome as possible in Lotus Pier, what with her snide remarks and glances whenever he so much as breathed near Lan Wangji's room but in doing so,she had given him some hints unintentionally and with Lan daifu's aid and his sneaking which had given him the chance to prod the unconscious Lan a bit, he had something to work with. Also, if he couldn't see Lan Zhan, might as well get some work done. He had a pile to complete.

Lan Sizhui knocked on the door and when no answer came, he knocked harder. A muffled voice came from inside a second later and then the sound of lock being opened. He poked his head inside when no black robed figure appeared in the doorway to find a mop of black hair with a striking red ribbon plopped on the low table face first in the sitting area of the room.
" Senior Wei ?"
"Hmm..mm..."
" Uh..what are you doing?"
The plopped mass murmured something but otherwise stayed in its position. Sizhui thought of poking the black mass and did so, Wei Wuxian turning sideways, going with the direction of poking with his eyes closed.
A pout was visible on his face and his cheeks were a bit puffed but otherwise he looked fine.
Still, the Lan disciple asked because he was well aware of the fact that the elder was a master of hiding everything behind a smile.
" Wei qianbe, are you really fine ?"
Wei Wuxian opened his eyes at this and for a second something flickered behind those grey orbs but Sizhui was unable to catch whatever it was. They ate together for a while in complete silence, Wei Wuxian's face the epitome of seriousness. He looked deep in thought and Sizhui knew that whatever was able to drag his Xian gege down his spiral of thoughts must be something really important.
Sizhui tried to ask but all he got was dodging answers so he took his leave.