The Archery Competition-I

Last Chapter

They both stood in the middle of the room when suddenly Little Master clapped. Both Suzhui and Jingyi turned their attention towards the cloaked cultivator when he said, " Now boys, I need your help" and took off his bamboo hat.

************************************
Both of them gasped, the figure in front of them.....it was unbelievable. While the two Lan disciples tried to find their voice the figure of the hour gazed lazily at them with an amused expression on his face. And then he laughed, the laugh wasn't high pitched neither was it shrill but a light and free one.
That laugh broke the revive of the two disciples and they flinched but otherwise, remained wide eyed.
It was Jingyi who opened his mouth but Lan Suzhui beat him to it by placing the infamous silencing charm on him.
"Mmmhhnnnnmm!!!!" Jingyi turned to his friend, shocked at being silenced, again.

But Suzhui wasn't paying attention to him, he was busy looking at the other person, the one in whose room they were standing.
" Why?" Suzhui asked. He couldn't fathom the reason behind it. The person in question sobered up and said," Not now. Now we have a mission. "

Next Day At the Conference

Lan Wangji was at peace. Why, one may ask? Because today he hasn't received a *ahem*gift *ahem* from that mysterious person. His day had started with the now habitual check of his room to locate any suspicious alterations or things.
Today he found none of those and so he was at peace, but that did not change the fact that he was alert as always.
In fact he was in more alert than usual.
When the minor sects started a conversation way beyond the parameters of the conference, talking about their achievements and all , Lan Wangji felt it was time he announced the first break. And he did, with him standing every present cultivator moved his/her attention in his direction and he swiftly announced, " The first half of the conference ends here."

Some sect leaders grumbled about being interrupted or something else but for most part everyone bowed respectfully to His Excellency, the Chief Cultivator and the host Sect Leader Jin and then dispersed.

In the next half, the first competition between the disciples was to take place.
The senior disciples lined according to their sects and the sect leaders sat at the pavillion made for observation.
As Suzhui and Jingyi stood with the other Lan disciples, a figure in the line second next to them caught Jingyi's eye.
" Suzhui, look! The head disciple of the Meili sect."
Suzhui turned in the direction Jingyi pointed and abruptly noticed the figure with rosy pink and peach robes. The prince, clad in his rosy pink and peach robes embroidered with peonies of different hues and a guan crafting intricate curves and foliage stood out easily from the Nie sect disciples in their slate robes.
In the conference hall, Suzhui had been too busy listening to the reports and tales if the rogue cultivators as they told tales from their travels and asked for advice and wisdom from Hanguang-Jun. Thus, he hadn't noticed the prince but now, he stood out in the crowd easily, in fact, the robes of the other senior Meili disciples were simply in different shades of rose and pink with a yellow touch to it, but none compared to the robes of the prince.

However Suzhui didn't had time to think more about it as the competition started. Surprisingly and non-suprisingly as one may look at it, Little Master chose to simply observe and not participate.
The competition was mainly between the GusuLan and YunmengJiang, as it was that the Jin sect wasn't very skilled in archery, at least not like the Yunmeng Jiangs who practically practiced archery as their pastime.
The GusuLan being in competition due to the teachings of their Hanguang-Jun and Grandmaster Lan( due to someone ahem during his study there).
In the end, the results were announced and Suzhui ranked first followed by Jin Ling at second( what with him living with his uncle, in fact Sect Leader Jiang looked quite proud about it) and a grumbling Jingyi at third.

The disciples wandered for a while, talking among themselves when Suzhui and Jingyi were dragged in a corner.
Suzhui grabbed his sword, ready to defend himself but when he saw Little Master, he relaxed. " You..." Jingyi started only to be cut off by a wave from Little Master. "Had He got something today?" Suzhui shook his head," No, he didn't. Hanguang-Jun was even a bit relaxed and...tense about it." Beside him, Jingyi nodded.
The Little Master folded his arms and after some time said,"Warn Lan Wangji, he might get a visit or something. " and just like that he went away with his cape and robes flowing behind him.

************************************
So here's an update and for every detective out there, I put a clue here regarding the mysterious courter.
So start connecting the dots because I gave two solid ones to you now if you consider the last two chapters and this.
Earlier, I mentioned a vague point....so maybe this chapter will do.
Let's see how many detective are out there, who can solve this!