Calm The Storm

Previous chapter:

"So.....who wants to be killed first ?"

" Wei Ying! "
■•••••••°°°°°°°°°••••••••°°°°°°°°••••••••■
Now :

Before the dark smoke could engulf everyone or the first note could float in the air, a pair of hands grip an arm of the figure in the centre of the room and a hoarse voice pleads, " Wei Ying!"

Overcome with fury, Wei Wuxian whipped his head sideways to find a man in white plain robes, his hair down with pale features staring at him in panic.

" Wei Ying, you need to stop!" His voice was hoarse and almost like a whisper from not using it for a long time.
But Wei Wuxian can't stop, he won't .

" No" His voice sounded harsher even to his own ears but that might be just resentful energy speaking.
The elders thought it to be a nice time to open their mouth, which, Wei Ying had allowed only to get some answers.

Wrong timing.

" Wei Wuxian, stop this now! Do you know how big of a crime you are committing by attacking several elders of a Sect? Let us go!"

At this, Wei Wuxian turned his head at the elder who had spoken, Chenqing a nice weight in his hands.
" Oh..so me attacking you is a crime ? Just because you are an elder of a Sect? A Sect who worships righteousness and boats about justice and helping the needy in every breath of theirs, but turns its head away when it comes to act as such ? "

Another elder took this chance to open his mouth, " You cannot kill us!"

" Oh? And if I wish to, who will stop me, who dares to stop me ?"

The words were mocking, taunting time and people who had witnessed past and lived to tell the tale.
Raising Chenqing to his lips, he let the  resentful air blow but before the first note could make it past the hollow of the flute, a pale hand grasped one of its ends.
The grip was strong but not so much that Wei Wuxian will have trouble in breaking free. It's a sign of warning, a touch of starter that there's strength there but the owner of that strength has yet to fully utilise them.

" Lan Zhan, let me go."

" No." The answer was instantaneous,  like the speaker didn't have to think before speaking it out loud.

A test of patience.

" I am telling you Lan Zhan, don't test me now. Let. Me. Go!"
Lan Zhan doesn't. In fact, he just tightens his grip like he thinks he can stop Wei Wuxian from controlling the resentment if he wasn't able to play Chenqing.
Wei Wuxian showed Jin GuangYao why he was the Yilling Patriarch. He showed him and the world that he was the creator of a new path along the road previously tried by some.
The resentment was at his beck and call, ready to do his bidding with just a whistle or a flick of a finger. He didn't need Chenqing unless it was something big.
Thinking that maybe Lan Zhan didn't hear him before or just needed a clearer warning, he took a deep breath and repeated.

" I am saying this for the last time Lan Zhan, let me go or else..." 
Still that foolish and stubborn man kept his grip strong as if afraid that if he released him, Wei Wuxian will create havoc.

Looks like something hasn't changed.

He still thinks I need to be controlled.

Later, Wei Wuxian would feel a mixture of guilt, worry, hatred, anger and loathe —all at once but in different directions. A dangerous mixture of emotions. The events a blur in his eyes but crystal clear in mind.