I Need Your Help

Last Chapter :

As he looked around the room, Jin Ling noticed that nothing seemed out of place, that is, until his eyes landed on the bed. There in the middle of the sheets laid a bunch of lotuses, and wait...were they from......."Jiujiu".

Jiang Cheng had been looking at the low table where the box was found when he heard his nephew calling him.
He whipped his head in that direction only to look at the bunch of lotuses laying on the bed and Jin Ling pointing towards them.
●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●
Now
Jiang Cheng found himself reaching the bed and picking a lotus unconsciously. He twirled the flower in his hand and noted that it was freshly plucked.
The lotus was not in full bloom and the petals were still baby, a bit too soft at the edge with the baby pink adding to its freshness and fragility, just like the person whom it was planted.
In a second, Jiang Cheng's face turned almost purple and he clenched his fist to control himself, least he did something to embarrass himself in his fit of anger. But those lotuses.....
When Jin Ling pointed out the lotuses, everyone turned their head in the direction of the bed.
Lan Wangji closed his eyes but didn't say anything while Nie Huaisang hid behind his fan as usual while his eyes darted between the uncle and nephew.
Little Master for his part....seemed out of it as he was covered from head to toe in black cape and bamboo hat, no one could make out his expression.

"Uh....Sect Leader Jiang, are you okay ?" Nie Huaisang asked warily because one look at Jiang Cheng and it seemed that Nie Huaisang was ready to hide behind the biggest fan he could find. Suddenly Jiang Cheng jumped, feeling a hand tap him on shoulder and turned abruptly to wards the offender only to find himself face to face with Little Master. He raised his hand towards Jiang Cheng, gesturing something. Surprisingly, it was Lan Wangji who found himself speaking before Jiang Cheng could.

" He asked if you know the source." Jiang Cheng glanced at Lan Wangji and with a sigh said, " Yeah, I know the source of these lotuse. These....." he paused as if struck by a sudden thought and swallowed, then continued " these...these were planted for Jin Ling's mother by Jin Ling's father Jin Zixuan in the Garden Pavallion. The freshness of the flower and the quality is something which is not found in Lanling, there's not a single flower shop in the rang of three kilometres."

" Isn't the offender crossing all the boundaries?" Nie Huaisang mused out aloud. He looked around the room once again as if he would find something right now, while Jiang Cheng settled for glaring at the innocent flowers.

Suddenly, Little Master took on of the lotuses from the bed and seemed to sniff it. He turned around and walked to the other side of the room where the low table was and brought his face closer to the surface. After a few seconds he rose and twirling the flower in one hand went towards the bed again and tucked the flower in his quainkin pouch.
Then he wrote something on his paper and showed to everyone present
Attend the conference, I want to roam.
With that he bowed to the Chief Cultivator and Jin Ling and made his exit. " Ah?!" Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng gaped at having been ignored by the cultivator.
" We should attend the conference. " Jin Ling said, having recovered from the sudden frozen state he had been.
"Mn." Lan Wangji nodded, no matter what happened he couldn't let these things have an effect on his duties.
With one final glance at everyone, he too exited the room and others followed.

The conference
Jingyi was going to doze off, and it wasn't even the end of first half. He had been sitting here suffering along with the other Lan disciples since the beginning of the conference. Ok, so maybe not the very beginning, all was good and the rogue cultivators asked their questions or more like subtly attacked Hanguang-Jun with their questions while their teacher listened to everyone and gave his valuable insight.
But then sect leader Yao had to bring his nose in everything and so he reached their table and pushing the rogue cultivators to one side started talking.
If not for Suzhui, who ever the diplomat kindly reminded the said sect leader that His Excellency wouldn't hear him unless he solved the problem of the rogue cultivators; then heaven knew when sect leader Yao would have stopped.
But the peace was fleeting, sect leader Yao stood aside for a minute with a scowl so prominent that Jingyi thought his face was just like that.
As soon as the previous cultivator was done he once again pushed his way to the front, not giving the other rogue cultivators a chance to talk.
After what felt like hours, Hanguang-Jun very humbly and pointedly excused him and dismissed the meeting, thus ending the first half of the conference.
If slumping and whining was a habit of Lans then almost all the disciples by now would be slumping in their seats whining about how sore and numb their legs felt. So at the first chance he got, Jingyi grabbed Suzhui and seeking permission from their teacher exited the hall as Lan-like as he could.
"Finally! If I had been there for one more minute, I would have gone crazy by now." Jingyi exclaimed while his friend Suzhui, ever the calm and supportive friend just smiled silently.
" Jingyi, it wasn't that bad. The rogue cultivators asked some nice questions. Maybe we can make a report or analysis of it and brief it to Hanguang-Jun."
Hearing his friend, Jingyi slumped " Suzhui! Sometimes I really think that you are Hanguang-Jun's son. Can we relax ?" In answer, Suzhui simply nodded and they strolled through the gardens.
The weather was nice, it was nearing winter but the smell of autumn was still lingered in the air. In a way it was neither of the both seasons, a start of one and wait for other. Just like Master Wei and Hanguang-Jun.
Suzhui sighed, he simply wished that the problem of Hanguang-Jun would be solved fast. Whoever was trying to stalk him was foolish, because he seriously couldn't hide always and when he showed up he was sure that no one would be able to stop Hanguang-Jun.
They rounded a corner when Jingyi noticed something or someone, " Hey Suzhui, look...isn't that the Little Master ? " When Suzhui looked he was surprised to find the said Cultivator there. " Mn. He is." " He wasn't even present in half of the conference, what is he doing there ? Is he planning on plucking one of the lotuses ?"
Now that Suzhui thought, he really didn't remember the Little Master being there at the conference the whole time. He was present for a moment but then disappeared from there like nothing. Since no one was paying much attention to him maybe that's why or else he would sure get into trouble.

" Let's talk to him, we didn't get the chance at the conference. " Jingyi said and Suzhui nodded once and they both went near him and when they stood a respectable distance away but still in reach Suzhui called " Young Little Master " The said Little Master startled and whipped towards them, his robes and cape making him look like a legendary figure and seeing two disciples bowing to him hurriedly returned their bow.
" We don't mean to interrupt " Suzhui began but the person addressed to waved his hands dismissively and showed a paper to them " My pleasure to meet two Gusu Lan cultivators. What can I do for you? "

" We just wanted to meet and greet you. You look really like-mmphh" but before Jingyi could finish his sentence, he found that he had been placed under a silencing spell, which Suzhui had mastered only because Master Wei once told them something funny related to it and Suzhui wanted to know about it. In the end, though Jingyi still doesn't know why but Suzhui was taught the spell by Hanguang-Jun himself and till today he had yet to hear the story behind it.
" You weren't present in the conference Little Master, did you feel uncomfortable ?" Little Master shook his head, creating a flurry of his veil.
I liked the conference. His Excellency is as great as people say him to be. Apologizes for misunderstanding.

" We didn't misunderstood. " Jingyi said, after being freed from the spell by his so-called friend. " But if you need help, His Excellency and sect leader Jin will surely help you."
I just felt suffocated. " Don't, you can always vouch for aid. I see that you are a really renowned cultivator Little Master because not everyone can do the trick you do." Suzhui gestured towards the paper. You can always ask us for help, we always will went unsaid.
The Little Master seemed to think for a while and then wrote, Do you really want to help ?
Both Jingyi and Suzhui looked at each other then said, " We want and will do our best, unless it's something immoral. " Suzhui added afterwards as a precaution. They didn't know this Little Master well and promising blindly could land them in a disaster.
THEN HEPL ME TO HELP YOUR HANGUANG-JUN. Both of them gasped, but they didn't got a chance to think; instead the Little Master gestured for them to follow and walked in the direction of the guest hall where all the rooms were. They followed him and stopped when he opened the door to his room and gestured for them to enter.
Both hesitated for a moment then entered.
When they stood at the threshold of the room, a message was thrusted in their face : I promise that I am not some evil mastermind trying to kidnap you or kill you, so don't be wary, I don't bite.
They both stood in the middle of the room's entrance and suddenly Little Master clapped. Suzhui and Jingyi both turned their attention towards the cloaked cultivator when he said, " Now boys, I need your help" and took off his bamboo hat.

♤■■♤■♤■■□♤□♤□♤□♤■■□■■■♤■■♤■♤

My apologies for the late update but...I am busy and not getting time to update at all. Anyway who is the Cloaked Cultivator ? Let me know your guesses and don't forget to vote and comment! 🤗