Big Reveal and Plotting

How difficult can it be to learn your own self ? Very. Ask Wei Wuxian. He will tell you exactly how strange and intriguing it is and all the more frustrating.

And don’t even get him started on the stares. It’s actually the worst.

After the tears and bickering, and an extremely long conversation with the head healer who was convinced that her patient was not the Yiling Patriarch (she had not seen him much or simply didn’t remember his face), Wei Wuxian found out many things about himself. Basically he had some facial hair to worry about, his lanky form ( he doesn’t remember being THAT tall though teasing Jiang Cheng is more fun now). Then again, he was seventeen. Also his old features garner stares.
Even the healer almost flirted with him!

Damn. Being handsome is tiring.

How he survived being the third most eligible bachelor before is a mystery to Wei Wuxian.

Jiang Cheng had to ban him from stepping foot outside his room and courtyard for a week while he yelled at his disciples and people to stop staring and get it together.

His new core, thrumming in his lower dantian and fuelled by the old and already present energy was growing, thriving with the constant energy transfer Jiang Cheng and the healer did. Though it was still amateur.

There was every possibility that Wei Wuxian would qi deviate or his meridians would simply burst. It was like being seven again; when they first started forming their core. The energy was unstable— not yet adjusted to flow in their meridians in a single direction and with their mind and body not focused enough, it was like controlling two breathing.

They had to balance his energy continuously and so Wei Wuxian spent most of the time indoors, meditating and focusing his qi— the boring way. Lan Zhan would be proud of him.

He still couldn’t believe he had a core. Jiang Cheng had to whack him.

~°•●•°~

After a week, when Wei Wuxian finally thought it was safe to step outside, Nie Huaisang was waiting for him. Just to tempt and tease his friend, he put on his cape. Jiang Cheng raised an eyebrow at this but thankfully didn’t say anything.

“Wei Xiong!” Nie Huaisang hadn’t changed at all it seemed. After all the formalities were over and the three of them were the only ones left inside the sword hall, the Nie sect leader dropped all dramatics; his solemn face changing so fast Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng got whiplash.

“Cut the theatrics Nie Xiong. Any news about the trail ?” Wei Wuxian asked, getting straight to the point.

If Nie Huaisang notices the difference in Wei Wuxian’s voice, he doesn’t mention it. A raised eyebrow towards the Jiang Sect Leader is his only expression before he opens his fan, taking out a scroll from the sleeves of his robes.

“Jiang Xiong, you might want to see this too.” He says with a sideway glance to Jiang Cheng.

“Why should I see this ? I don’t care about that Lan Wangji, this idiot here does. For all that I know, I don’t even need to be here!”

Beside him, Wei Wuxian sputters indignantly but is mostly ignored by his brother and friend in favour of focusing on serious matter.

“Ah, I am sure you would definitely want to be here. Jiang Xiong, has there been anything strange happening around here lately?”

“So you know about it.” It was a statement which Nie Huaisang didn’t deny.

“Wei Xiong, Jiang Xiong, you both.....”