Let My Mind Bleed

Travelling by sword is common for the Lan brothers. But travelling on one sword ? Not at all. Being only few years apart, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji didn’t have the chance to carry each other on their swords; the reason why a grown Lan Wangji was hesitating right now. Shuoyue was airborne in front of them with Lan Xichen looking at his didi in mild exasperation while said didi was looking at the sword dubiously. If Lan Xichen were any lesser man, he would be rolling his eyes but since he was the First Jade and a Lan, he simply huffed before grabbing his brother by the scruff of his robes and all but dragging him towards the sword. This behaviour was nowhere befitting a Lan, much less First Jade but Lan Xichen could care less.

Lan Wangji tried to escape but his elder brother knew him a little too well and anticipated his move, resulting in Lan Wangji’s captivity. He blinked slowly, shocked to find himself in his brother’s embrace without a way out. He tried to squirm but God, did his brother had strength? Lan Xichen’s grip was iron. No matter how much Lan Wangji tried, he just couldn’t free himself.

“Xiongzhang” Nope. He wasn’t whining. His voice was simply muffled and tinee-tiny bit miffed.

“Wangji ah, it’s not that bad. Trust me, will you ?”

Lan Wangji trusts his brother, he really does. But the thought of flying with someone on a sword which is not Bichen makes his hackles rise. Also, he may or may not be a bit....afraid of the height.

Flying with Bichen is easy because the sword is his spiritual weapon and they both can feel each other. The absence of Bichen’s spirit, the sweet and silent assurance that Bichen could and would always come to him in danger was what usually got him through.
But with the sword hanging by his belt and unable to respond to his core, Lan Wangji felt like a child on his first flight.

After a couple of tries (hundreds of them), Lan Xichen manages to convince his brother to step on Shohyue and they start their journey. All the while, the brothers try and fail to maintain distance. You only have so much space on a thin and long blade for two grown men. Lan Xichen has no qualms keeping a good grip on his brother, hugging the life out of him while Lan Wangji had to remind Lan Xichen that he is a human and not a pillow and thus needs to breathe. The ride is eventful, to say the least.

By the time they touch the ground for a break, Lan Wangji is pink all over and Lan Xichen had the sudden urge to hide him. He pushes that thought away though, as it’s ridiculous. Lan Wangji excuses himself for a moment and Lan Xichen turns to take a look around himself. The forest in which they have landed is quiet around them, the clearing in which they stand empty. The sun is right above their head but there’s not a creature in sight.

Strange.

Abandoning the thought, Lan Xichen decides to take out Liebing and play. The tune has scarcely any energy fused in it so it’s possible that any weak resentment present nearby will just be lulled for sometime. He doesn’t want to risk getting the attention of anything strong, neither wake the old ones nor disturb the ancient ones—those are best dealt with by immortals.

Cultivators, even of Lan Xichen’s calibre can only suppress it. And a forest is never lonely. It is a house of souls, voices forgotten in envy.

Thinking about strange things, Lan Xichen was reminded of the events of the morning. The morning before the departure had been.....quite lively to say the least.

FLASHBACK:~

Just as he had entered his uncle’s house to have tea with him and ask a few questions, a disciple had come running towards them. Lan Xichen ignored the mutterings about no running in Cloud Recesses. The boy looked as if his soul had been snuck out, trembling from head to toe.