Back To Cloud Recesses ~II

As soon as Wei Ying left the room, Jiang Wanyin turned to the healer.
" Liu daifu, a word."
The healer followed him silently to his main room, they both were no nonsense people and Jiang Wanyin would appreciate that quality if only he wasn't tense with thoughts swirling inside him. Halfway through the corridors, he suspected that his ears picked up some notes of dizi and his feet picked up speed without his conscience.

Once inside the room, Jiang Cheng turned to the healer, " Liu daifu, I hope you can explain yourself."
The lady stared at him impassively for some time then spoke in a rigid tone,
" Sect leader Jiang, I think there's nothing to explain. "

" Of course there is! " Jiang Wanyin burst out at the cold response while zidian sparked in response. He hated it when people treated him like a kid, someone who is unfit for taking responsibilities, someone who can't understand a simple thing, someone who doesn't deserve an explanation. They think that doing something in the name of favour while it was for their own benefit was something he should feel grateful about. He hated it more when people refused to accept the truth about the Yilling Patriarch and feel ashamed for their snark comments and beliefs.

He knows, people think he doesn't but he does.
Ever since he became the Sect Leader of the fallen YunmengJiang Sect, his own Sect, of which he would have to look after sooner or later. No matter how temperamental, how moody, how undeserving other sect leaders thought him to be, he was the only one, has always been.

It didn't matter if Wei Wuxian was better than him in all ways possible. It was him, Jiang Wanyin, Jiang Cheng who would get the position, who would be the leader one day.

Even if his father supported and praised Wei Wuxian more, he wouldn't give that responsibility to someone who wasn't a Jiang by birth; Wei Ying himself wouldn't let that happen, let anyone scorn his brother deeming him unfit for the position like his mother had always feared.
Yes, Wei Ying had sent him a few letters talking about these things. He hadn't visited but considering the last time his brother was at the Lotus Pier and the welcome he got, maybe he would avoid the place as much as he could.

But he sent letters and Jiang Cheng had learned that even if it had happened in some twisted way like his mother always said, Wei Wuxian accepted the fact that he was the son of a servant and if Jiang Fengmian had suggested something like that Wei Wuxian would never let that happen.
In his words,
" You know me Jiang Cheng, you think I would have left you if I had a choice ?
What do you take me for my stupid shidi? I do not like sitting with old fools all day and staring at documents, okay! Only Lan Zhan can take such a responsibility and not whine about it....
Also, as much as Madam Yu was scary, Lotus Pier was like a home for me. I wouldn't want to ruin it with my name."
I know my place.

That Wei Wuxian had considered Lotus Pier his home earlier and knew who he was, left Jiang Cheng thinking whether the thoughts were the result of the tension between them or their priorities.

" Sect leader Jiang, you and I both know who the Yilling Patriarch is. I suppose you don't need me to tell you that."
Another headache for him.
Liu daifu, for all her medical brilliance and ability to deal with any type of patient was not that clear minded when it came to the Yilling Patriarch.
Though Wei Wuxian was proved innocent and Jin GuangYao's original face had been revealed to the public, many cultivators and common folks alike still maintained a wide berth from him, like he was a communicable disease, a parasite, a curse.

Liu Qizhi, a member of Meishan Yu clan, a highly regarded person in her territory for her medical knowledge and achievements had one thing common with Madam Yu. Her bitter sentiment towards Wei Wuxian.
Jiang Cheng had noticed how she had tried to subtly convey that message to the person and him. If her words were a warning, a gesture of her intentions towards Wei Wuxian then it was a threat, a scolding, an intended invaluable advice for Jiang Cheng.