Epilogue + Thanks

I remember Baba......a melody between mud and blood, Zhan gege played this for me too. What's the name if this song? You and A Die often play this.

'Which one would you like to know?'
'Baba?'

'Hah. Did you know A Yuan why your A Die named you Sizhui ?'

'Mn. He said it meant "to long for", longing. At first, I was unable to understand, wondering what could be the reason behind this. Hanguang-Jun, A Die...he had a reason behind everything. Then I saw you and I knew.'

**********************

The father-son duo stood there, basking in the glowing sun as another pair of footsteps joined them. Both heads turned towards the incoming sound, two identical smiles lightening up as the third person came to stand in front of them.

Wei Wuxian turned to Sizhui. Their son had been ecstatic at the prospect of a younger sibling. Wei Wuxian had told him that the process was a bit dangerous and Sizhui had instantly asked if it was necessary then.

"If it hurts A Die, do you still need to continue?"

Wei Wuxian wished he could say no. But he knew that this was also Lan Zhan's chance at unlocking his core.
He also knew there was no turning back.

"If this means A Die can regain his strength back then I will help you in any way I can. Please just tell me what to do."

The worrying frown between his brows reminded Wei Wuxian of his own days, back when he had been seventeen and in between war and sea of losses; a memory he failed to quash every time it resurfaced. He didn't want Sizhui to go through that loss.

"I will. Knowing your A Die, he will probably deny hurting till it's almost unbearable so we will just have to be vigilant!"

Now, Wei Wuxian watched as Sizhui hugged Lan Zhan and smiled secretly. Lan Zhan looked peaceful, tired but happy. He had been so scared of Sizhui's reaction, wondering how their son would feel about a new addition after knowing Wei Wuxian's history with his siblings. But looking at them now, Wei Wuxian could say that his husband's fears had been squashed. There was no need to worry.

********************

Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen were the next to know, followed by a shocked but secretly happy Lan Qiren. The elder demanded that they ask for anything they needed from him, sect relations be damned. Jiang Cheng had been the same.

Though Wei Wuxian thinks his brother is acting from past experience when Shijie was pregnant or he just wants to gain favourite uncle points. Either way, the baby already has a long list to choose from and Lan Zhan was in his first week only.

The fear of death did little to deter the small family from enjoying each moment. They all knew that the moment Lan Wangji was at the end of his term hell would break loose.

Lan Zhangze had warned them to be prepared for the worst. They couldn't terminate the pregnancy, there was no way to do that. All they could do was wait.

'A Ming wouldn't have been so close to death if he wasn't a cultivator. Your cultivation gives you this chance but with it come many dangers. The baby will be feeding on the golden core and since the energy is sealed your husband will have a higher chance of dying. You need to give him spiritual energy daily and make sure he doesn't tire. If his body falls, the baby will kill them both.'

They did take precautions. Wei Wuxian made sure to give his husband as much spiritual energy as possible. Sizhui came to stay for that too. Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren helped in their own way.