Can't Believe I Am Late ~1

CONTENT WARNING:
Brief mentions of torture and other similar activities, though nothing explicit or graphic.

~••••《♤》••••~

Your song calmed me, it calls me; can't believe I am late.

A great mess
A single wreck
The long held silence
The promised violence
A clever move
Will decide,
checkmate or
A silver spoon.

Something was wrong. Very wrong.
His eyes felt heavy and there was too much silence. No place was ever completely silent.

He tried to open his eyes but the task turned out to be quite difficult, as they were stuck with dried tears and dirt, the feeling akin to waking up after a long and fitful night. Bichen was lying beside him, the blade out of its sheath.

Something was off.

His hunch was proven correct when after walking through the corridors(?)halls (?) of the manor(?), Lan Wangji felt someone following him. He continued walking, trying to reach out his senses as much as he could while also trying to appear aloof.
He knew sooner or later the person will have to reveal themselves.

They chose sooner.

Clang—crack...That must be a bone, Lan Wangji thought wryly before ducking once again. The person following him didn't have much patience as just after a minute or so of noticing the presence, Lan Wangji felt the tell-tale shift of air by a weapon. He turned, deflecting the blow and noticed not one but two men standing in front of him with swords and hand dagger out.

Great.

Fighting had been difficult. The two men were trained to kill, as was evident from their fighting style and Bichen was being highly uncooperative.
In the middle of an extremely precarious stance, the sword had embedded itself in the wooden panel lining the place and Lan Wangji had to make the tough decision to leave it behind.

It was hard to squash the ache which came with the knowledge that Bichen would be calling him if his golden core was not sealed. Lan Wangji tried anyways.

Now, he ran; trying to out-run his attackers was his only hope as they continued to follow him, throwing an attack or two in between.
He wasn't trained in close-combat, the sword and qin being his usual focus and for the first time in his life, Lan Wangji cursed the Lan Clan's prohibition on such fighting styles.

Landing a sidekick in the ribs of one of his attackers and tackling the other in the head did little to stop them.
At some point they had taken out wrist daggers and now Lan Wangi had to watch his sides, lest he get the blade in his stomach while fighting.

Times like this he wished for Lan cultivators to have it compulsory to carry a weapon on person. Daggers and any small weapons weren't something the Lan Clan approved off, claiming it to be a sign of evil intent.

'A thorough review of clan rules is needed, after finishing this.'

A blade struck on the pillar beside him and Lan Wangji startled back into reality.....or whatever this place was.

'This isn't real. No place can be this vast and empty. Someone was bound to notice them.'  

It was true though. The manor or the place whose hallways Lan Wangji had probably mapped by now seem to continue for forever. The hallways led him to rooms, which led him into another corridor or pathway.
Never a door though. Anything but an exit.