03

A loud grunted sigh was heard when y/n opened the door syncing with the first step on their house

A loud grunted sigh was heard when y/n opened the door syncing with the first step on their house. She was so tired coming home from school, indeed school is the hell place for some students.

"How's your day?" she jolted at the surprise of her brother bursting upon her and effortlessly shocking the hell out of her while asking some questions as if he was her dad.

"don't ask. the answer is literally shown in my face" she answered indirectly while pointing at her own face trying to catch Yeonjun's attention to look at her.

Yeonjun did looked down to see her face, and stared at it for a long time if he can find an answer just by looking at it.

"I only see ugliness" he joked that followed a loud hit on his shoulder coming from his sister who's now glaring at him.

"just kidding, by the way, how's your meeting with the matchmaker?" he asked, changing the topic as he saw his sister lazyly throwing her bag onto something else and throwing herself on the soft sofa to sat on.

"well, sucks"

"what do you mean?"

his eyebrows furrowed, he didn't saw it coming at all. this isn't the situation he had expecting.

"he's too noisy. he's like in a day he can say a million of words!!" She exaggeratedly described, sync with a hand gesture to make it more convincing.

Yeonjun walked towards his sister and harshly pushed her so that he can sit on a wide space beside her. And he asked, "Isn't that kid's handsome?"

"Well yeah--- but I didn't expect him to be that talkative!" She retorted back, and frustratedly brushed her hair upwards in frustration.

The atmosphere around the four cornered house became silent. Y/N looked at his brother to see what's the reason beyond his sudden silence, but regret to look at him anyway when she saw him smirking.

"oh well, atleast you find him handsome" he teased.

"lemme guess, you want the matchmaker himself to be your match ain't you?" he added as that creepy smirk still crept on his face.

y/n's eyes widened, not because he was actually teasing her, but because she couldn't believe that her brother actually guessed it all right.

She couldn't help but to feel embarrassed when her face says it all, her cheeks suddenly heated up crimson red.

"A-at first---"

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" the loud lingering laugh of her brother echoed in her ears as her cheeks burned up again, but this time because of anger.

"stop laughing. I don't like him"  she denied, defensively.

Yeonjun's laugh lasted for about 30 seconds but it felt like an hour in y/n's ears.

"Anyways, whether you like him or not. You need to get close with him. Besides, he's there to get you a boyfriend, not to be your boyfriend" Yeonjun spilled out, and he then stood up from his seat and walked out from the living room.

But yeonjun kinda makes sense, ain't he?

Y/N only heave a deep sigh, and had no choice but to do as what her brother says. Besides, it will only last for about days to find her match since Huening Kai is "the greatest matchmaker" as what they all say.

But her , thinking that she will finally have a boyfriend of her own, makes her want to jump over in happiness.

"I will now have a boyfriend~~" she blissfully said, even humming those words as if she's singing over joy.

But her singing didn't last for long, when her phone suddenly rang...

She slide off her phone from her skirt's pocket and saw an unknown number calling her.

There was a second of thought not answering the phone call because it might be from a killer or a psychotic person calling her randomly, but for the sake of her curiousness, she answered it right away.

"Hello?"

("Y/N Choi.") a familiar boy's voice was heard over the phone.

"who's this?"

("Huening Kai, That handsome matchmaker.") she can feel it through, she can sense that Huening Kai is smirking while introducing himself over the line. His cocky voice can tell.

her regrets for answering the phone call really gave her chills.  "How did you get my number?"

("Your biodata says all, right?") His voice sounded like isn't-it-obvious-bitch kinda alike that
made y/n even more annoyed.

"why did you called? Did you already find my match? Can I have a boyfriend now? ASAP" sounded like a desperate lady who wants a boyfriend as soon as she can because it might be the end of the world tomorrow and she wanna have a boyfriend first before that happens.

She heard someone clearing his throat over the phone, and she assumed it was Huening Kai. He became silent all of a sudden, that made Y/N questioned out, 'why?'

("I honestly.... can't find your match")

y/n's shoulder became all down, her excitement de-escalate from 10 to 0. Her hopes of having a boyfriend at young age became just a dream for her.

"you--- what!?"

.........