10

Ceaseless silence filled the atmosphere inside the four cornered living room, no one dared to atleast talk or make any noises. They are just peacefully eating and drinking the snacks and soda Yeonjun and Soobin prepared.

y/n looked at them one by one as she scanned them secretively. Until she found her brother sitting right next to Soobin , staring at nothing in particular intently while rubbing his hands on his knees showing a bit of anxiousness. While the guy beside her which is Huening Kai was just busy eating his food.

There's an invisible barrier in between her brother and Soobin, like they want to talk to each other but at the same time, something is keeping them away.

"Can I use the restroom for a moment, Yeonjun?" Beomgyu suddenly broke the silence, while diverting his eyes to Yeonjun.

"Yes, you will see it right beside the stairs close to the kitchen" Yeonjun pointed out, while Beomgyu already stood up and walked as fast as he can towards the restroom.

"Yah! Yeonjun? I thought we're going to play video games?" Soobin exclaimed which made them all looked at Yeonjun's direction.

"Oh right! Let's go upstairs to my room!" Yeonjun insisted, as he lead the way and Huening Kai and Soobin followed him. But Taehyun only stayed on his seat which Yeonjun noticed.

"Taehyun? Aren't you coming with us?" He asked.

"I'll just wait for Beomgyu, then we'll be there in a minute" Taehyun answered.

"are you sure? Beomgyu will probably take time inside there. His stomach must hurts" Soobin jokingly said, that made Taehyun laughed but immediately shook his head a no, insisting to wait for Beomgyu instead.

"I'll wait here"

Huening Kai diverted his eyes to Taehyun, seeing him smile like that wants Huening Kai to just stay there and wait for Beomgyu as well. But when he diverted his eyes down to Y/N, she was smiling crazily like that too. That made Huening Kai rolled his eyes and just walked upstairs to Yeonjun's room.

"Yah Huening Kai! Wait for us!" Soobin yelled while him and Yeonjun finally walked upstairs to follow him.

When the boys are already upstairs, Taehyun and Y/N were the only ones left in the living room. Which made the atmosphere really quiet and awkward.

Not until some notification from a chrome website popped out in Y/N's phone screen. She read what the notification says, and the worst part is, she read it out loud.

"Do you have..... a girlfriend?" She whispered while reading the notification on her phone.

"h-huh? I-i don't have one" Her eyes widened when she suddenly heard a lower voice answering that indirect question.

She slowly turned her head to see Taehyun who's now looking all down and blushing.

Omg. Should I tell him I wasn't really asking him and I was just reading the notification? Or maybe just let it be? Y/N! Think!!!

Y/N was about to speak, but Taehyun spoke first asking back the same question, "You? Do you have a boyfriend?"

when Taehyun suddenly looked at her direction, she swerved her gaze and looked away as if she wasn't staring at Taehyun a moment ago.

"M-me? I don't have one yet" well except if you ask me to be your girlfriend, then why not?

"Isn't Huening Kai your boyfriend?" He asked innocently and cluelessly that made y/n's eyes widened after he mentioned out Huening Kai's name.

"What? Psh! No! like never" she denied defensively as she kept on shaking her head and even waving her hand a no.

Taehyun looked at her, and that is the time where y/n met his eyes that made her heart beat so fast.

"good thing" he smiled.

y/n was late to realize the thing he had said, it took her seconds to finally processed it in her mind. But when she finally realized it, her eyes widened and her cheeks literally heated up.

"W-what---"

Y/N didn't finished what she was about to ask, when all of a sudden, a raging Beomgyu who was just finished doing something private in the rest room walked outside and ruined y/n's fantasy.

"Ah! Success!!"  Beomgyu shouted, while rubbing his hands thoroughly on his tummy.

"Where's Yeonjun and the other two?" Beomgyu asked Taehyun once he finally ruined the moment and finally walked infront of Taehyun.

Taehyun stood up and brushed his pants clean before pointing out Yeonjun's room which is just upstairs, "They went there. For videogames"

"Then should we go there as well?" Beomgyu  suggested which just Taehyun nodded.

But before completely walking upstairs, Taehyun looked at y/n who's now surprised to see that he actually did looked at her when infact she was just staring at him the whole moment now.

"Aren't you coming with us, y/n?" He asked.

y/n just smiled and shook her head as she know that she wasn't allowed inside her brother's room full of boys.

Taehyun only smiled and walked upstairs to follow Beomgyu, leaving Y/N alone in the living room. But when y/n finally saw that there are no longer signs of Taehyun, she quickly slid off her phone and immediately clicked the messaging app and searched for Huening Kai's contact.

To: Huening Kai "The Matchmaker"

:he talked to me! wahhhhhhhhh!!!
sent✔︎ 10:59 AM

she was literally shrieking while typing those letters, even screaming in silent over happiness and joy. Not few minutes after, she received a text coming from Huening Kai.

From: Huening Kai "The Matchmaker"

: I'm not interested.

y/n only rolled her eyes around and threw her phone safe on the sofa while still smiling over what happened earlier.

she heard a loud thud coming from upstairs, and few seconds after she heard some rushing foot step that are now walking down the stairs. She shifted her eyes to the left side, only to find out that it was Huening Kai rushing towards her.

"What did he said?"

I thought he's not interested?

...