29

Earlier's event took a toll on Huening Kai

Earlier's event took a toll on Huening Kai. Clear from the moment he entered the rooftop's door and saw y/n unexpectedly being there and confessing his love infront of her and ungratefully leaving her all alone after that. A broken heart barely beating inside his chest at every stride he took, on every hour he endured.

"Why does it seemed so wrong to fall inlove?" he mumbled to himself, looking at his ring finger that still have no sign of his strings.

Walking on a bridge near the school, he stopped midway to watch the sun sets down as it gives him a refreshing vibe that no one could ever give except maybe for his friends and y/n.

Leaning on the railings, Huening Kai didn't even noticed that Taehyun followed him all the way here. Standing beside him and also leaning on the railings comfortably.

Huening Kai hissed in frustration, seeing him again while all he wants now is to be alone. "Are you going to jump?" Taehyun asked while unidentifiedly smiling.

"bet not, you're scared of heights" Huening Kai's hand clenched into a fist as his grip on the railings seemed to be so tight.

For the second time that day, Huening Kai doesn't want to make his day completely worse because of him. He impatiently faced Taehyun with an annoyed looked on his face.

"you already got her... and all i'm asking now is to be alone,why can't you give that to me?" Huening Kai retorted in an annoyed tone, ready to fight him any moment now for disturbing his supposed to be dramatic moment now.

Taehyun seemingly got surprised at the sight of Huening Kai getting real annoyed at him, when infact, he never does that before. He's all smiling or what so ever. He's the jolliest, everyone could claim.

Huening Kai got more annoyed when Taehyun didn't even answered. Nothing but a weird smile was the only thing shown on his face which earned a glare from Huening Kai. "Nevermind. I'll just leave"

He forced himself to go, as he doesn't want to see Taehyun's face any longer currently at the moment now. But something Taehyun said made him stopped from further walking, and made his heart almost literally skipped a beat.

"moron, y/n likes you too"

It shouldn't be a thing to be glad of, hearing the word moron to someone particularly talking about him. But his heart went wilder, it's running too fast that it seems like it wants to get out of its own cage.

Huening Kai turned his back around to face Taehyun again, with his squinting eyes and giving him a you're-making-my-hopes-up look.

"she rejected me for you" Taehyun uttered while smiling, tho it can obviously be seen that it's fake and that smile hides a million of hatred and pain.

"so act like a man and get her, dumbass"

....

a/n: and now the end is near (and so i face the final curtain hehehe jk) i'll miss writing this book sm