23

Saturday passed by gone in a blink of an eye, it's already sunday

Saturday passed by gone in a blink of an eye, it's already sunday. They are still on their weekends while y/n spend her whole day looking at the ceiling, still inside her room even if it's already pass lunch and dinner time.

Thinking about what happened yesterday was all about being just a dream for her. Felt like a fantasy-like moment she thought she will never experience since she's only an average normal school girl living her life quietly, not until handsome boys suddenly came to her life.

Her enough spacing out was interrupted by a vibration of her cellphone which is just beside her. A notification coming from Huening KAi's number was flashed on the screen.

And never she had never imagined that she could smile crazily like this just by seeing someone else's message on her phone. She quickly typed her password for her phone to open and read Huening Kai's message in her mind.

From: Huening Kai ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃᵗᶜʰᵐᵃᵏᵉʳ

i'm waiting for you outside your village. I have something to tell you.

sent ✓ 7:32 PM

She couldn't tell whether the message should be something exciting for her or something made her even more nervous. But all she could ever do now, is to anticipate.

y/n stood up forcedly from her bed, washed her face using the running water, tied her hair with a messy ponytail, wore an oversized shirt and didn't even bother to atleast change her pajamas.

Once she already thought she's ready now to go, she walked downstairs until she saw her brother munching some chips on the sofa while watching a movie.

"yow bro, I'm just going to meet Huening Kai outside the village" she uttered and was about to open the door but Yeonjun questioned out,

"Sis, I just noticed this, so no offense okay?"

"oh yeah what is it?" she asked impatiently, while crossing her arms, anticipating for what's he's supposed to say.

"whenever you hang out with Taehyun, you're always exerting efforts on yourself, your body, your hair, your outfits. While with Huening Kai, you don't even care if your hair looks like a broom or what" he said while pointing out the messy ponytail she did to herself.

Her eyes squinted and kinda got offended with that, "and? What do you mean by that then?"

"I don't know. You look simple right now."
he shrugged.

"but this is the actual me tho" she gestured her whole body, being the simplest formation she could ever form.

Everybody knows how much she's simple. Maybe that's why people liked her. Indeed, simplicity is beauty.

"Exactly! ... you're being more of yourself with Huening Kai than what you always do whenever Taehyun is around" he pointed out significantly.

y/n looked at her brother with her eyes filled with realization.

"You tried to get look as pretty as you can with Taehyun because you think that he won't like you back when you didn't look good. While with Huening Kai? You are you"

Yeonjun finally uttered his point, shrugging while dropping the bags of chips onto the table before he could stand up and leave y/n in the living room speechless.

.....

y/n was just walking all silent along the sidewalk. She was thinking about what Yeonjun said a while ago. Tho she already had the hunch before that whenever she's with Taehyun, she's different. It's like she's being fake even to herself just to make herself look good in front of him.

In the middle of the night sky, twinkling orbs and petal-like stars shining from above her made her stopped from further walking and just watched the beautiful sight seeing above her. 

"Do I like Huening Kai---" before she could ever finish her sentence. A figure of a man in her peripheral point of view had been caught.

She stood up straight when she realized it's Huening Kai as she flashed a quick smile but ended up fading it as soon as she saw how serious Huening Kai looks are.

"Huening Kai.... are you okay---" she didn't finished what she's about to ask, when Huening Kai already approached her and unexpectedly looked down at her with his blank face.

"I'm going straight to the point, It's getting late" Huening Kai said that made y/n focused and silent.

As he looked straight into her eyes, her heart skipped a beat, completely captured to his eyes that could fixated every person who will look at it.

"Your.... your strings changed." he uttered out of nowhere that made y/n's eyes squinted in confusion.

"What? My strings?" she already forgot about the concept of being a matchmaker, that he could actually can see invisible strings attached to everyone's ring finger.

But soon enough after she realized and remembered what he said, she asked, "What about my string?"

"i can already see your strings connected to someone"

Huening Kai looked down and felt an undeniably ache from his heart, but it goes unnoticed because y/n was just looking at her ring finger when he muttered that.

"R-really? Then who's my soulmate?" She couldn't barely understand herself, why all of a sudden, in this exact moment of Huening Kai finally found her soulmate didn't got much of an excitement for her. However, she's still curious to ask.

Now, For her, this is not just all about finding her soulmate anymore... but something more than that.

"It's Taehyun" Huening Kai mumbled, as a blot of sadness can be heard from his voice.

y/n looked at him, with her mouth agape in shock. She can't believe what he just said, or how it suddenly became Taehyun is now her soulmate.

"I already found your match" he flashed a weak faked smile. And y/n could tell, that just by hearing his voice, he's hurting.

"My job here is done."

......