28

The following days became not as much better as what Huening Kai expected

The following days became not as much better as what Huening Kai expected. He thought he could be happy for finally giving up y/n to Taehyun. But it doesn't seemed like the best thing to do. Because now, he feels empty and lonely without his friends and without y/n.

He avoided everyone. Not just y/n but also his friends including Yeonjun. He just wants some time to think and he thinks that he could be able to unwind if he avoids every person who makes him remember about y/n.

But as days passed by, his days are incomplete.

"I guess... I have to get used to being alone from now on" he mumbled.

He was left in school, not like what he got used to before that he's always walking home together with y/n and his friends, it's different now. It's pass dismissal time, as Huening Kai streams through the almost empty staircase towards the building's rooftop. He doesn't know the reason why he found his feet walking on its own towards the their building's rooftop, but all he can say is that, when he's sad and feeling lonely, he will always go to a higher place. And shout everything that has been bugging him.

When he finally reached the rooftop, he immediately looked around the spacious area, scanning if someone is already there before him. Thankfully, no one was there. Or atleast that's what he thought, not until he closed the door and stepped forward, his eyes caught someone standing on the side of the rooftop, leaning on the railings while watching the sun sets down

When she heard someone closing the door, she turned her back around and saw Huening Kai about to open the door again and leave as he saw her there.

"Huening Kai! Wait!" she stopped him by yelling, that made him stopped from further twisting the doorknob open.

"I-i'm sorry. I thought no one was here--"

"It's fine... mind to join me here?" y/n asked shyly while gesturing him to walk towards her side.

Huening Kai had a second thought on either joining her or just leaving her alone. But his feet just walks on its' own towards her as if his feet has its own mind to think. The next thing he knew, he's know beside y/n leaning on the railings.

It felt a bit awkward and some barrier in between them blocking them from further talking to each other. As weeks passed by when Huening Kai started avoiding her, the closeness they developed slowly faded and turned into awkwardness.

"Huening Kai---" she was about to speak and start a topic for their conversation, but Huening Kai soon asked before her, "What's the score between you and Taehyun? Are you  two already dating?"

Hiding the pain from every words he said, he just looked at the view upon them, not wanting to glance at her.

y/n was caught off guard at the sudden question he threw, much to her surprise, it's about Taehyun again.

"W-we are not dating, Huening Kai--" y/n didn't even finished what she's about to say, as her eyes completely widened when she saw a blot of tears coming out from Huening Kai's eyes. And she couldn't help but to panicked st the sight of it.

"w-why are you crying---" but her eyes never could be widened the most when Huening Kai faced her with sadness in his eyes staring straight into her eyes, holding her shoulders softly.

"l-look.... I've been wanting to say this for a long time now.... If not, It'll explode eventually someday" he said, his voice even cracks as he was trying to prevent himself from crying.

"w-what?" she asked full of confusion, squinting her eyes.

"why can't it be me?"

y/n was shocked because of his question. suddenly blurting out a question that made her puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"C'mon y/n! Don't act like as if you never knew! Why are you so numb!? I like you, okay!? So damn much that it hurts..." and that's it. In just few words he threw, his eyes became a crying mess from the tears that are now streaming down his soft cheeks.

Her body froze, because she wasn't expecting that he will confess his feelings right in this moment. She couldn't just imagined it now. It's overwhelming and happiness is the only thing she's feeling right now. But at the same time,there's a blot of sadness.

"Then act like you do." Huening Kai stopped crying when y/n spilled words that beyond his expectations.

"Act like you really like me... fight for me" y/n significantly said, hoping that Huening Kai finally have the hint that she likes him back.

Huening Kai slowly loosened his grip onto y/n's shoulders, releasing it as he looked down in disbelief. "I-i can't..."

"why?"

"Because...." Huening Kai stopped, never really wanting to answer her question, he turned his back around, planning to leave y/n with a question that keeps on circling in her mind.

Huening Kai started walking away from her with shoulders down and tears badly wanting to escape even further.

"Am I not worth fighting for?!!" she yelled, finally exploding the hatred she's feeling.

Huening Kai stopped on further walking away from her, his body froze at the sudden question she threw. His mind malfunction as his heart beats faster.

He wants to shout, 'yes, you're damn worthy fighting for' but instead of answering her question. He looked down and continue walking the opposite way, completely leaving y/n hopeful and speechless.

.......