27

y/n gulped and averted her gaze to somewhere

y/n gulped and averted her gaze to somewhere. Seconds slowed to minutes as she walked quietly along with Taehyun at the hallway. Her breathing hitched in her throat as their pace continue to slow as the awkwardness kept on filling the atmosphere.

The silence is suffocating her, adding the fact that all students are now in their respective rooms while the both of them are still walking slowly looking like they are ditching classes today.

She knew he could probably heard what her and her brother conversation is about earlier. And she wonders what is he thinking as of the moment. Besides, she least expected Taehyun to hear their conversation, because she thought him and Huening Kai finally vanished before Yeonjun saw her crying.

"you heard it, do you?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"I'll walk you until we finally reach your class room" Taehyun changed the topic, not wanting to talk about what happened earlier.

She wants to run away from the asphyxiating situation she's experiencing right now, she wants the time to go faster as time slowed by against her will. But unfortunately, her room is still on the other building, and it will still probably take time for them to reach it.

"I'm sorry..." y/n mumbled, guilt and pain started bubbling up in her head as all she could ever think now is to apologize for nothing.

"you don't need to say sorry.... besides, I can't force you to like me back" Taehyun answered in a feeble but clear tone, looking down at the floor, hiding his trembling hands inside his pocket.

The sound of his voice made y/n's heart dropped. To be honest, way back then, she's imagining something like this to happen to her. a fairytale-like situation she once dreamed of. But she never knew this would hurt so much, as she know that if she chooses in between them, one will get hurt.

"I know that you like Huening Kai ever since the beginning. But I just barged into your life, hoping I can win a fight with Huening Kai again this time" he let out a bitter chuckle, preventing himself from further cracking his voice at it continues to shake.

Everyone surrounds them, especially their friends knew how much Huening Kai and Taehyun are always fighting over something. Even the smallest things you could ever think of, they will fight for it to see who wins. But ofcourse, as the jack of all trades, Taehyun always win over Huening Kai. Taehyun always win the prize, and that's a daily cycle for them.

But this time, he lost. y/n was the prize he can't win over.

"Taehyun---"

"You're 20 minutes late now from your class. You need to hurry now" Taehyun cut her off by saying that, wanting her to leave now as he doesn't know when will his tears ever flow any moment now.

y/n knew he's uncomfortable seeing her right now, she looked away as she heave a deep sigh of disbelief, she turned her back around and started walking away from him after saying an apology, "sorry Taehyun"

Taehyun looked at her, now starting to vanished as she walked up the staircase far away from him. He released a smile, a smile of pain.

"Huening Kai win this time" he said turned his back around to face the opposite way.

But he stopped midway when he saw a figure of a man standing infront of him, concern and worry was seen in his eyes.

"Beomgyu?" His sight was a bit blurry due to the tears that are now blocking his sight wanting to escape freely.

Beomgyu walked towards his bestfriend,  pulling him into a warm and tight embrace, patting his back that made him finally bursted out in tears, escaping freely from his eyes, finally. He heard Taehyun sniffling and sobbing in pain, though he still might not understand what the situation is, he was there even from the beginning and until now for his bestfriend, Taehyun.

.......

and taegyu lived happily ever after.....