22

Huening Kai was full of determination to cross along the road while his hands are balding into a fist of unwavering determination. He even practice his few lines to say to y/n, but never he had never imagined what will the outcome. Either he will be rejected or she will say she likes him back. But for him, it's more of a probability of rejection than appreciation.

"Y/n, I've been thinking of this for a long time now... I think I like you--- err' if I say it like that, it won't look sincere" he wiped all his thoughts and ideas away, once he finally gave up on thinking what supposed to be the best line for confession.

He'll just do it on the spot and came exactly from his heart.

Just a few minutes of talking to himself, he finally reach the park where he was supposed to meet y/n, but it got postponed because of some misunderstanding he don't wanna remember anymore, because the thoughts are just simply making him regret more.

When he rome his eyes around the spacious park, he didn't saw a sign of y/n or Taehyun in that particular place. Both of them weren't in the exact area Huening Kai saw them earlier.

Huening Kai hopelessly heave a deep sigh, as he turned his back and faced the road again, thinking if he should go travel the whole South Korea just to find y/n.

"They're close somewhere, right?" He said, convincing himself.

He found his feet started walking on its own. As he left his instinct and senses to lead.

.....

Meanwhile, y/n and Taehyun already left the park not just a few minutes before Huening Kai decided to go back there. They are walking in a meter distance, Taehyun leading the way while y/n was just quietly walking behind him.

"y/n... are you practicing social distancing?" Taehyun jokingly asked while looking behind him to look at her.

y/n's eyes widened when he noticed how distance she was. So she quickly walk faster to move closer to him, and walk beside him.

The awkwardness became thinner and thinner as if the awkwardness filled in the air was as normal for y/n whenever Taehyun is around. She doesn't know if that's because it's just really awkward, or because she was embarrassed.

"Look! There's a free live concert there, do you want to watch?" Taehyun asked, really speaking loudly on purpose to cut the seemingly barrier between them.

y/n looked at the direction he's pointing at, and saw a few performers singing on a mini stage, while there are audiences below them.

her smile couldn't be more wider as she was being pulled by Taehyun, "yeah! Let's watch that!"

They run across the road and went inside the public venue, they even got a front row seat as the show just started, and the singers are the opening of the so called free live concert.

....

It's already almost an hour of the show, y/n was just quiet while smiling watching infront. While the others behind them are wildly singing along with the singers. It made Taehyun think, "Are you bored?"

y/n shifted her eyes to Taehyun, and answered, "Nope" and looked back again infront.

"I'm the one who's here, but why do you keep thinking about him?" Taehyun mumbled which is not heard clearly by y/n because of the loud noise coming from both of their front and back.

But y/n was for sure that she heard Taehyun saying something, so she looked at him with squinting eyes. She was about to ask and clear out what he said, but then the emcee suddenly shouted in the mic that made them all jolted in shock.

"Do anyone in our audience wants to sing here on stage?" The emcee asked. That made all the audiences became all quiet, afraid that they might be called to be the one who will sing infront of many people.

y/n diverted her eyes to Taehyun, only to find out that he's now standing up and walking towards the stage. The audiences clapped for him, as the emcee was so happy to see a handsome guy volunteering to sing infront.

y/n also found herself smiling, how much people hype Taehyun, she won't lose ofcourse. She also shouted Taehyun's name and support him all the way.

The emcee gave the mic to Taehyun, as he said the song he wants to sing...

As he was waiting for the song to start, he stared at y/n the whole time. While y/n was just completely smiling at him. Until the music starts, and he started singing beautifully.

(a/n: did you also fell inlove with this song cover? (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ'))

y/n couldn't cooed then and there, finding herself touching her left chest, heart softening at the sight itself. The gleaming spotlight touched Taehyun's face while he's singing like an angel came from above.

Beautiful and angelic was even an understatement to describe his voice. His voice sounding like something she always wants to here everyday to brighten up her mood, whenever she's feeling all down and sad.

The audience seemed so amused as well, even being all silent to feel and clearly hear how he sang it so beautifully.

After a 2 minute song, he finished singing and bowed infront, as all the audience clapped and shouted for some more.

y/n couldn't help but to smile seeing him looking straight at her, she even waved her hand as she gestured all the audience that was rooting for him proudly. But her smile soon faded, as she heard what Taehyun said on the mic,

"I like you y/n... over and over again"

Her heart dropped, as the people on her back wildly scream and shriek. The deafening noise seemed like so quiet for her, as her heart kept on beating faster.

.....

"I like you y/n, over and over again" those words lingered on every part of Huening Kai's ears. Not really expecting it coming at all.

He went in the public venue as well, when he heard Taehyun's voice that made him pulled out in wonder and found them there. Not really supposed to hear the words he said.

His heart skipped a beat. Mixed of emotions he's feeling right now. ANd at the same time, envy of Taehyun on how he's too brave enough to confess that infront of her and many people.

Huening Kai looked specifically at y/n, how she was so shocked to hear him saying that out loud.

His eyes scanned y/n's strings, being slowly extending longer than before. His eyes widened, when the supposed to be faded string y/n had, is now already stretched and finally connected to someone.

His heart dropped, his world collapsed, as he already knew.... that he already lost.

.......