24

Huening Kai went to his home safe and sound, but with a heavy grief holding in his heart. He straight went to his room, and locked himself inside. His head falls onto his pillow with a soft thump, crying over some unidentified pain.

Memories of what happened tonight will still remain in his heart and will continue to bring him down and will take time to heal. 

He never knew how love can be this painful, how love can completely detriment a person's point of view. It's scarier than a haunted place, it's more likely risking your whole heart.

He got used to the fact that he just gives love, he just finds love towards those who will eventually ask him for help. But he never knew how much this hurts as hell.

Sniffling between his pillows quietly as it may sound, a loud knock was heard from his door but he didn't dared to atleast stopped crying or to open the door from that someone knocking.

"Huening Kai? Dinner's ready" he heard his mom's voice from the outside, with a soft and endearing tone.

Huening Kai sat on his bed, removed the pillow from his face, wiped his tears and took a deep breathe before walking towards the door to twist it open, as any other teenager son, he's shy to show to his mother that he's crying.

When he finally opened the door, his mother bursted upon him, staring at his eyes while he couldn't help but to look away.

But like any other mother from the whole world, his mother can sense how painful he's feeling right now. It's a mothers' instinct only a mother can feel.

"I'm not hungry Mom, I'm not eating tonight" and what he said made his mom more even curious. Because Huening Kai never skipped a meal, like as in never.

Without any further ado, she pulled his son to a warm embrace as she pat his back and said, "I'm here son, you can tell me anything"

And with that, Huening Kai couldn't prevent it any longer. He cried harder in his mother's hold, his shoulders shake, his chest heaves with every sharp breath he takes. Hopelessly crying as he finally gone enough of pain for his first love, feeling like his world suddenly tumbles down, it ruins. And he hugged his mother tightly, clutching tight, heart wreaking , drowning into sorrow and pain.

His mother looked away, not wanting to see her son cries in an unidentified pain. But it's for sure that only y/n can fix him back to the way he is.

.....

Telling his mother the whole story. The whole event on how he fell inlove with the sister of his friend. On how him and his best friend fell inlove with the same girl actually explained it all to his mother.

"If that's the case... then why don't you fight for her?" His mother asked.

"Mom, can't you see? It's Taehyun... I can't beat him in all aspects"

His mother looked down, she had seen all Huening KAi's friends. They are all good looking and talented. Maybe that's why it made Huening Kai insecure to what his friends can do that he cannot.

"I'm already giving up mom, because Taehyun is now her soulmate" Huening Kai mumbled.

"Did you saw her string?"

"yes. The first time I saw her, her strings aren't connected to anyone. She have a string in her ring finger but everytime I'm walking from her to follow her string, it is suddenly fading---" Huening Kai didn't even finished what he's about to say when his mother bursted out a question,

"what!?" That made him almost jolted in shocked.

"You mean, the girl you're talking about have faded strings?" His mother's face couldn't painted, her eyes suddenly became glowing, the thought of what Huening Kai said enlightened her.

Huening Kai nodded while his face says it all, he's confused on why his mother is suddenly smiling widely right now, the corner of her lips could touch her ears, hyperbolic.

"Do you know what that means?"

"n-no mom..." he quickly answered, as his mother hold his hands and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"It means her soulmate is a matchmaker. you can see her string whenever she's beside you because that means her soulmate is near. While when you're moving away from her, it's fading that means her soulmate is walking far away from her" his mother explained that made all sense to Huening Kai now.

It's quiet for a moment. Huening KAi lost in his thoughts of finally realizing and connecting all the dots that he had been confusing him before. "Mom.. you mean..."

"Yes Huening Kai, the girl you're talking about....... is your soulmate"

........