20

Huening Kai's PoV

Huening Kai's PoV

Running at full speed, I stopped infront of the park me and y/n was supposed to meet. I stopped running and brushed my creased longsleeves once it got wrinkled a bit for sprinting when I noticed the clock and I'm a bit late to the time we are supposed to meet today.

Without any further ado, and wasting my time to catch my breathe for running at full speed, I looked around the park to sight where y/n is. As I let my eyes roam around the spacious park, I finally saw her impatiently waiting for me while sitting there on one of the benches inside the park.

My lips automatically formed a smile, just by seeing her made my heart skipped a beat. And my mouth even opened in astonishment at the sight of her natural simple beauty. Matching her blue simple dress, made her look like the only rose among the fallen daisies.

"y/n!----" I was about to call her name, and run as fast as I can to reach her, but I stopped midway, when a guy suddenly approached her.

Much to my surprise, it's one of my bestfriends, Taehyun.

I touched my left chest, because it seemed like I am feeling some ache somewhere in that part. Am I hurting? Is liking someone supposed to be this painful?

Time seemed to move slower and slower, as I saw them talked with each other, until I saw y/n roamed her eyes around to look for something. Or probably to look for me? Afraid that she might saw me, I hide behind the tall huge tree. Until I felt my phone vibrating.

I took it out from my pocket and saw my y/n's contact popping out on the screen, meaning she's calling me.

I took out a deep breathe before completely answering the phone call and greeted, "Hello?"

(Where are you? Are you on your way here?) She asked, concern can be heard from her voice.

I glance back at the direction I saw them earlier, and saw her still roaming her eyes around to find me, "I-i'm not coming... I'm sorry... let's just meet each other next time"

(B-but why?)

"I'm not really in the mood right now to go out. I need some sleep" I reasoned out, tho I lied.

I prepared for this date. I didn't even got some enough sleep last night due to excitement and bewilderment. I woke up without the help of the alarm clock because I was too excited for this day. But only to back out, and lied to her that I need some rest? How stupid and coward.

......

No one's PoV

y/n seemed to be disappointed when Huening Kai suddenly said he can't go anymore for he needs some sleep. "i-is that so? Okay then! Get enough sleep today! Let's hang out some time"

Expecting a goodbye from Huening Kai, it didn't happened at all. Instead, he was the first one to ended the call without even saying anything. Which is a bit unusual to see him like that.

She looked at her phone, sly. And just sighed disappointedly, "Where's Huening Kai now?" Taehyun asked when he noticed that the call is finally ended.

y/n slid off her phone inside her bag, and shifted her eyes to Taehyun, forcing a smile to look pleasantly infront of him.

"He said he can't go... I think he's tired" she uttered then flashed a bitter smile.

Taehyun noticed how y/n became all down and quiet with the thought of Huening Kai can't go anymore  to his supposed to be 'hanging out'. Not wanting to see her downcasting like that, he found a way to somehow make her smile and still won't regret that she dressed like that for this day.

"Why don't we continue it? Instead of Huening Kai, I'll go in behalf of him!" Taehyun suggested with the brightest smile crept on his face that made y/n looked at him.

Soon enough, Taehyun succeeded to make her smile. As she nodded and agreed with his suggestion, "okay! Let's not waste this dress of mine" y/n awkwardly laughed while gesturing her whole dress that she wore specially for this exact day

Taehyun nodded and smiled at her. As they both stood up and started walking together.

But y/n, still expecting for someone she might see, looked around for one last time.

Until she saw a taller guy walking away not too far from them. It was all clear that it's a man's figure. She could tell who was it, she can't be wrong with her intuition.

"Huening Kai..."

.....