05

Next day had come, Huening Kai tried his very best to avoid y/n at all cost

Next day had come, Huening Kai tried his very best to avoid y/n at all cost. But he remembered that she was actually his schoolmate. However it's a good thing that she isn't her classmate and the school is very big. It only have 30 percent probability of walking passed by her.

When the class ended, he waited for all of his classmates to finally walk outside. And when he finally saw all the students starting to vanish, it was his cue to go home peacefully then.

While walking outside, he was carefully looking left and right to see if there's a sign of y/n, and thankfully there's no people out the hallway so he started walking normally.

not until, "Psst"

someone called him from behind. He froze at his position, knowing that the sound that someone made was coming from a girl he's trying to avoid to.

"Huening Kai!" She called twice but this time it is louder and clearer that she was trying to call him out.

Huening Kai flashed a fake smile before turning his back to face y/n who's now running towards him.

"are you avoiding me?" she asked, eyebrows furrowed.

His eyes widened because of that sudden obvious question, he hide his hands inside his pocket because when he's nervous his hands automatically shakes. "Ofcourse not!"

y/n didn't got satisfied and believed what he answered, but ended up replying back, "You better be"

Huening Kai just gave her the cutest smile he could ever give hoping it will avoid the topic.

"oh well, how's work? did you already find my match?" she asked while excitedly looking up to Huening Kai.

His smile soon faded, this is why he's trying to avoid y/n at all cost. Because until now, he still can't find where her match is.

he looked down and awkwardly smiled as he scratched the back of his head which made y/n had an idea of what about his answer gonna be.

"I see.... you haven't" she mumbled, her voice sounded like she's disappointed or something.

Huening Kai noticed how her mood suddenly changed from being cheerful to dismal. And that made him guilty for avoiding her hoping that the idea of finding her match will be just a memory that will eventually forgotten as time passed by for her.

"Don't worry. I'll find him no matter what" Huening Kai suddenly said, and even him was surprised to oath something like that with assurance. Even if he have this 10 percent probability that he won't really find where her match is. Because he doesn't know how to.

Y/N suddenly became all gloomy, she looked up to Huening Kai and her eyes suddenly shine. Her lips curved into a smile, that made Huening Kai's cheeks blushed.

"Really?"

"y-yeah" Huening Kai looked away and felt like he just had a sin for staring at a younger girl infront of him.

"I'll help you then!" His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted because of what she just said.

"Hmm? How?"

"Tell me how you calculate all those things in my biodata! Tell me what your techniques are to find everybody's match!" She determinedly said.

little did she know that those biodata and those questions Huening Kai asked her when they first met had nothing to do with finding her match. It was just all props :D

"Ahmm.... that's not how it actually works" he answered while laughing awkwardly.

Y/N's eyes squinted in confusion, and waited for Huening Kai to clear all the confusing questions in her mind.

"I can honestly see the string on your ring finger" he pointed out y/n's ring finger where in Huening Kai's point of view, there's a red string attached.

y/n looked down to her finger and saw nothing but a ring on her index finger that was given by her father when she was 13.

"strings?" she asked confusedly, even looking closely to her fingers to see where the string Huening Kai is trying to point out.

"You can't see it. But I can see it" Huening Kai said as he grabbed her hand and pointed out her index finger.

"the red string attached on your index finger is connected to your match."

Y/N looked at her finger first then back to Huening Kai. Then back to her finger then to Huening Kai again, and after seconds of being confused, ceaseless laughter came from her.

Huening Kai looked at her, and now he's confused on why she suddenly bursted out laughing.

"pfft. Do you really think I'm gonna buy that? What are you? Some kind of a gifted child!?" She jokingly asked, as she pulled out her hand away from Huening Kai, still couldn't help but to laugh because of what be said.

Now she thinks I'm crazy.

"you can think of it like that" Huening Kai answered while shrugging.

Y/N was still laughing when she was diverting her eyes up to Huening Kai but when she saw how his face really turned serious, she stopped laughing.

"Fine. So if ever you have some super powers like that. Then how come you can't find my match? It's easy for you since you said you can see strings attached on me" she asked, still doesn't believing what just Huening Kai said.

"I don't know either. But your strings are fading whenever I'm trying to follow the strings. I don't even know what that means." he explained while shrugging out of confusion.

y/n's lips rotated into a questionable look while her eyes squinted trying to find out the answers to that question.

"So you really do have that kind of power, huh?" Y/N asked, as she starts to believe this untrustable guy infront of her.

Huening Kai's face went expressionless, "I already told you, duh"

"Then what does that mean? Does my soulmate is already dead?" She asked, her voice is nearly shaking in fear that she might really get old as an old maiden if ever her soulmate is already dead.

"Ofcourse not" Huening Kai cleared out to her, even letting out a small chuckle because of her being paranoid.

"Does my soulmate a gay?" She continued to get paranoid as her eyes completely widened in mixed of amusement and fear.

"Or he's a foreigner that has yet to come in our country? But I can't do long distance relationship! We'll break up eventually!"

Huening Kai's face really went (-_-) seeing her talking to herself crazily.

She continues to talk to her self while Huening Kai is just bush thinking of what is the possible reason why she was the only person whom he can't find her match.

"or maybe...." he started speaking out of nowhere that made y/n stopped from talking and looked up at him again anticipating to what he's going to say.

"or maybe what?" She asked confusedly while giving Huening Kai a spill-it-now-I-don't-have-the-time look.

"Or maybe your soulmate is me. The matchmaker himself."

............