Part 16

Akash sat in his office thinking about his conversation with Khushi a few minutes ago.

Flashback.

Akash was signing some documents with Aman when a knock on the door was heard.

Aman looked at Akash who signalled him to open the door and when he did, he was surprised seeing a nervous Khushi who entered and Aman closed the door.

"Hi." Khushi uttered nervously.

"Come sit down. " Akash said and she did and Aman sat beside her as she fidgetted.

"Am really sorry for the way I reacted to both of you yesterday..... I was just nervous and in my nervousness I behave rudely to the two people who stood by my side during the time I worked here...... Aman.... Akash..... Am very sorry. " Khushi apologized with a misty eyes and Aman held her hand shaking his head.

"I was mad at you at first but after Akash explained to me why you were did it..... We understand and don't hold any grudge against you . " Aman said with a smile while looking at Khushi which smiled back.

"But you will have to promise me you won't hesitate to come to us if you need anything...... We are both your brothers and you are a little sister so please promise me. " Akash continued and Khushi nodded.

"The little boy with Arnavji...... Papa told me he was adopted. " Khushi said wanting to know more.

"Yes..... Bhai adopted him after he was abandoned in the rain a few months after I and Payal got married..... He is bhai's life and I the reason he adopted him was because he reminded him of how he was thrown out in the rain together with Anjali after his parent's suicide. " Akash revealed shocking Khushi.

"Arnavji's parent's killed themselves? " Khushi uttered in shock.

"Yes Khushi..... When Anjali was eighteen years old she got a marriage proposal and on the wedding day..... His mother discovered her husband had a mistress and she couldn't take it and killed herself right into of Arnav. " Khushi was shocked. "The coward also took his own life after he couldn't stand taunts from society...... After their last rites bhai's uncle kicked him and Anjali out in the middle of a heavy rain and he saw himself in Aarav and adopted him. " Akash revealed making Khushi shocked and a silence engulfed the room for some few seconds before Khushi broke it.

"I want to me Anjaliji..... If you don't mind. " Khushi said but frown seeing the way the smiles on the faces of Aman and Akash disappear immediately she mentioned Anjali's name. "Why did I say something wrong?...... Why did something happen to Anjali? " Khushi asked and Akash stood  from his chair and moved towards them and sat on the table facing Khushi and Aman.

"Please Khushi..... I beg you to stay away from Anjali..... She is a venom we didn't know she was but it took Shyam and countless horrible things she had done to make us hate and avoid her. " Akash said and Khushi was shocked.

"What did she do? " She asked and both men sighed and started.

"She bailed Shyam out after he was  arrested for kidnapping Payal and in the process bhai got shot protecting I and Payal and I presume you already know that right because it was internationally broadcasted. " Khushi nodded and Akash continued. "As if that wasn't enough she plotted with her doctor to frame Payal up for the death of her child. " Khushi gasped in shock hearing this.