Part 5

RM.

The Raizadas sat down for breakfast when Anjali and Shyam who had returned in the middle of the night joined them.

Akash and Manohar shook their head at how Anjali was hovering over him like a mother hen.

Shyam sensed the changes environment because Nani and Mami were no longer hovering over him and praising him like they did every time he came home.

He leaned over to Anjali and whispered.

"Rani saheba...... Why is everyone so quiet? "

Even though he whispered, the silence made in audible enough for everyone to hear and Anjali sighed and told him everything that happened yesterday.

This shocked Shyam hearing Khushi had left and cursed himself for only stopping at Laxmi Nagar to get a glimpse of Khushi but he couldn't because she didn't see her.

He wished he had gone into the Gupta house.

"Shyamji..... Shyamji. "

Anjali called out to him breaking his reverie and he looked around to find the family staring at him with weird looks.

"I have been calling out to you but you seems to have zoned out
..... Are you alright?. " Anjali voiced out in concern and Shyam smiled at her.

"Am sorry Rani saheba.... I was just shocked but don't worry..... At least out of this tragedy come something good. " Shyam said and everyone stopped eating and some looked at him shocked and others confused.

"Shyamji what are you saying? " Anjali asked in shock.

"It's good that Payal broke up with Akash...... All these middle class people are very deadly..... They portray themselves as good people when in actual fact they are just after your money...... " Shyam who wanted to dissuade them from having contact with the Gupta was so caught up in his schemes that he didn't realize he just revealed his true self.

The Raizadas including Anjali was shocked at his accusations.

"You are absolutely right damadji." This shocked all of them except Arnav and Manohar and Shyam rejoiced thinking Akash had accepted his words but he was in for a surprise. " These middle class people are nothing but gold diggers. " Another shock to the family except Arnav and Manohar who knew him like the back of their hand and knew he was just building up a case. "Because you, Nani and my mother are the perfect example of how much middle class people are deadly and gold diggers. " Akash said shocking all including Shyam.

Arnav and Manohar smiled seeing the pale face of Shyam.

The Raizada men even though they didn't voice it never liked him but had to tolerate him for Anjali's sake.

"Akash what kind of insult is this" Anjali questioned in anger hearing him insult Shyam.

"Am just speaking from the perspective of your husband's words..... According to him all middle class people are gold diggers........ Dadi was middle class when she married Dadu and that makes her a gold digger...... Maa was middle class when she married no let me put it right trapped Papa..... And your husband Mr Shyam Manohar Jha is also middle class when he married you so that makes all of them according to your husband's logic  gold diggers...... With maa it no surprise to this family..... And your husband still living here in this house and living off I and bhai's hard earned money make him an opportunistic man and a gold digger." Akash said without any remorse and an insulted Shyam stood up and left the table fuming in anger.