Part 2

Video.

Khushi walked into the house as a camera rushed up to her and one could see she wasn't herself.

"Khushi didi..... Let go and play cricket. " The boy squealed and Khushi kneeled to his level with a smile.

"Am sorry Atul.... I can't play today but I promise to play with you guys tomorrow. " Khushi said and Atul nodded and moved out but stopped at the window and moved the focus of the camera on Khushi.

"Hey Nandakishore..... You are finally here..... Garima and I spoke to Shyam about our finances and he said he wasn't going to collect any dowry if you marry him. " Madhumati squealed in happiness and an equally excited Garima nodded at Khushi looked at them in disappointment.

"How many time have I told you I don't want to marry that man..... I don't know him and I don't love him..... I can't and won't marry period. " Khushi yelled at them in anger as the humiliation she faced took a toll on her shocking Madhumati and Garima as she had never raised a voice at them before.

Payal and Shashi from their expression knew something was wrong.

"Hey Nandakishore..... This is the thank you you give us for adopting and taking care of you..... We are in this financial mess because of you..... So don't you yell at us...... Ungrateful child..... I regret ever allo...... "

"Enough." Madhumati was immediately interrupted by Khushi.

"Enough of all of you...... You regret  allowing your brother adopt me right..... And yet I saved your niece here from being used as an ATM by Abhishek and his family and at what cost..... At the cost of my dignity..... At the cost of constant nightmare since the day I was nearly raped by those men because of Arnav  Singh Raizada. " Khushi cried . "He released that video which motivated those men to nearly gang rape me in broad daylight....... Yes Shyam save me and I thank him for that but do you know how traumatized I have been since. " Khushi marched up to a crying Payal. " But you knew jiji...... You knew how I couldn't sleep because of nightmares from the molestation I went through ever since that day." The Guptas looked shocked at the revelation. "Why jiji?...... Why did you change so much?...... Do you also blame me for your broken marriage because if you do then it will finally explain why you have never defended me since your broken marriage...... I didn't mean for your marriage to break..... I just didn't want you to become a victim of dowry and babuji to run into debts which he has after they refused to give back what we've already gave them ..... I was late because ASR locked me up in the dark because his people pulled me onto the stage and thought I was a model...... He manhandled me and tore my dress which means so much to me because it belonged to my mother...... You know how scared I am of the dark...... When I came back and told you all the truth instead of buaji and Amma consoling me, they rather blamed me and I let it go...... We had to move away because of my molestation and taunts from the community and I had to leave college midway and when I thought I have finally gotten rid of the monster in the form of Arnav  Singh Raizada..... I ended up working for him and that monster never felt remorseful for what he did to me and harassed and maltreated me even more....... He pushed me off the top floor to die. " Khushi cried and the women gasped in shock and Shashi cried silently at the revelation. "If not because of the boxes on the floor.... I would have died...... I thought he will still stop hurting me but no..... He again sent me to the building to die....... He always found way to humiliate me and hurt....... He ordered Lavanya and her minions to harass me when he wasn't around..... They put sand in my lunch box and salt in my water knowing perfectly well I can't afford the food at the cafeteria because I had to save every single penny..... I starved many times because of their stunts on me on the orders of that monster........ I always felt fear and the only time I felt safe was when Akash and Aman were around but their work normally meant them not being around all the time...... With Aman and Akash around, I never went hungry or felt thirsty because they always took care of me..... Constantly humiliated and taunted........ And do you know why I endure it all..... It was because of us..... Because I wanted to provide for us...... I wanted to make it up for us..... When I finally had enough and thought to leave his sister had to show up and blackmail me...... I thought she was different but now I know she is no different from her monster of a brother...... He never hid his disgust for me but she hid behind an angelic face which make her more deadlier than her brother...... I agreed because I couldn't give him the money I saved up for babuji's treatment and you have no idea how much his aunt and fiancee humiliated me in these past few days...... But I still endured for us but no more because I am done...... I won't let you people or them snatch the little dignity left for me." Khushi  kneeled in front of a crying Shashi who looked at his little girl with so much helplessness. "Am sorry babuji..... I can't do this anymore ....... I have to leave before I kill myself which I almost did because of the Raizadas. " Khushi confessed and everyone was shocked at this and Payal pulled Khushi up.