Part 34

Lavanya and Preeto got down from Aman's car looking at the apartment building in front of them.

Aman turned Preeto around with his hand on her shoulder.

"Preeto...... Please let me with you.... . I don't want you going there alone." Aman requested but she shook her head no.

"I will be fine besides...... Di is with me....... And we have to face them alone. " Preeto replied with a smile and Aman sighed in defeat.

Preeto and Lavanya then walked into the apartment complex with a big duffel bag in Lavanya's hand.

They took the stairs and got to the room they were told their parent lived.

Lavanya knocked on the door and a woman in her mid fifties whom the ladies deduced was the house help asked them what they wanted.

"Am here to see Mr and Mrs Kashyap....... Am their daughter Lavanya. "

They woman then nodded and let them in.

Lavanya looked around the room in amazement and wondered how her materialistic parent could agree to live in such a down class apartment like this.

She knew they were indeed broke that's why they immediately looked for her like they always did in the past and drained her of all her life savings.

"Lavanya..... My dear. " Mona squealed and hugged her but Lavanya didn't reciprocate and she broke the hug and frown seeing Preeto. "What's she doing here? " Mona asked in anger.

"Watch your tone woman. " Lavanya yelled making Mona flinch in shock and Preeto smirked.

"Enough Lavanya..... How dare you speak to your mother like that. " Sachin yelled emerging form behind Mona and Lavanya rolled her eyes with an "I don't give a damn" look on her face.

"My sister whom I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't heard you two arguing is here together with me to tell you something and don't worry we will pay the two of you for your time. " Lavanya said and hearing the word pay it wiped the frown off their faces and they both sat down like obedient kids.

Lavanya and Preeto felt disgusted to be related to people like them but they had to let go if there were to live a peaceful life with their respective partners.

"Am here to say we forgive the two of you. " Lavanya said and both were surprised hearing it. "Someone important in our lives made us realize if we were to have a really happy life then we have forgive the people who hurt us....... So mum and Dad...... I forgive the two of you for the years of abuse you put me through just because I was a girl just because I spoilt your chance of inheriting millions....... I forgive you for making me nothing but your ATM machine and all those years of taunts and humiliation...... I Lavanya Nandkishore Mehra forgive you. " Lavanya said calmly without any hint of hatred or anger which made Sachin for the first time in this life as a father feel a sense of regret but Mona cared less.

"So do I. " Preeto said breaking their reverie and they looked at her. "You abandoned me and maa maltreated and blamed me for your greed...... I lived years resenting men because of you. " Preeto revealed pointing at Sachin and Sachin bowed his head in shame shocking all of them. "But now I want to be free of your hold on me....... I found a wonderful man in the form of Aman Mathur and I won't let my hatred for you Mr Sachin Kashyap ruin it...... But I have to thank you too...... " Sachin looked up surprised hearing her thanking him. "Because if you hadn't done what you did I wouldn't have been born...... Met a wonderful person like Khushi whom through her I met the love of my life. " Preeto said and stop and chuckled hearing herself.