Part 28

Lavanya and Preeto got down after being called by Hari Prakash.

They found the entire family and Aman at the hall with the exception of Nani and Mami who were sitting in the dining hall away from them but could see everything going on.

"Lavanya...... Preeto...... Please sit down. " Manoj said and the confused duo sat down.

Lavanya was looking at Nk while Preeto was looking at Khushi who smiled nervously at her friend.

"A discovery has come to our attention involving the two of you and it better we tell you the truth. " Manoj continued and Lavanya and Preeto looked at each other and back to Manoj in further confusion.

"Preeto....... Preeto...... Do you know your father has another child? " Aman asked and Preeto frown hearing his words.

"Yes I do...... And I don't care because I want nothing to do with that man and his family. " Preeto replied in anger while glaring at Aman.

She then stood up to leave when Khushi stood up and rushed towards her blocking her path.

"Preeto please listen to us...... I know it's a sensitive topic for you but this will also help you trust me..... Please" Khushi begged.

Preeto sighed in defeat and went back to her sitting position and Khushi went back to sit by Arnav.

"Preeto...... " Aman called out but she glared at him in response. "I know your father because I have met him countless when he came over at the office to met your half sister. " Aman revealed and the anger on Preeto's face turned into shock. "And the person he comes over to meet is Lavanya. "

Aman finally dropped the bomb and Lavanya and Preeto looked at each other in shock.

"You and Lavanya are half sisters. " Khushi said and both stood up.

Khushi then proceeded to tell them how they found out through NK and Aman.

Lavanya was by crying in joy finally meeting her little half sister and she moved closer to Preeto to hug her but she moved backwards, away from Lavanya who was hurt seeing her rejection.

"Just because we are half sisters that doesn't give you the right to hug me...... I want nothing to do with any Kashyap and that includes you....... You are a stranger and will always and forever be a stranger to me. " Preeto said sternly but everyone felt the hesitation in her voice.

She then marched up towards the stair in tears which didn't go unnoticed by all.

Lavanya's tears of joy now turned into tears of sorrow as she looked at Preeto disappear and she run to her room.

Preeto sat on her bed crying at the revelation of meeting her big sister.

She had always known about having a big sister since she was ten and as she grew older she wanted to met her but the fear of her turning out to be like her father and the anger in her because of the abuse she faced at her mother's hands had stopped her.

And just like today, that same fear and anger made her reject Lavanya.

A knock on the door broke her reverie and she looked towards the door and knew by the silhouette of the person it was Aman.

She moved towards the door in anger and open it and glared at Aman whose heart pained seeing her blood shot eyes.

"What do you want?....... More secrets of my life to exhibit it to the world....... I have never trusted anyone on sight like I did when I told you about me but you betrayed me...... This is why I hate men, when you think they won't betray you boom they end up betraying you...... Now leave and don't ever come in front of me again. " Preeto yelled in anger as tears streamed uncontrollably down her cheeks.